Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If we got to the Prem DC even said he had no intention of going Full Time. Also he’s got all his gang in at Arbroath and is an absolute legend here 

Ian Murray would be the smart appointment I think

Why would Dunfermline want a manager that's failed to take a club out of league 1 for 4 season's in a row? I'm ambivalent as to whether he stays or goes at Airdrie.

34 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

John Hughes ruined my life.

Cute that you didn't let Peter into your life to do this x

Hope you're feeling better ***, plenty more fish in the sea x

16 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Why would Dunfermline want a manager that's failed to take a club out of league 1 for 4 season's in a row? I'm ambivalent as to whether he stays or goes at Airdrie.

This...

19 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Who is realistically out there that has that experience? Should we just go for Allan Johnston because he won it a couple times? 

Ian Murray has a good win record and has had Airdrie challenging, when they are probably miles behind a good few teams in that league, finance wise. 

13 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Not always as easy as that though is it. There’s loads of factors at play and people improve and get better at what they do to. For me anyway he seems like a likeable younger guy who knows the league and what he’s doing and Airdrie seemed to play the best football in the league too from what I’ve read. I think Falkirk have done the best business, getting McGlynn in a proper good appointment and then after that it’s hard to judge. 

Petrie or DC wouldn’t take it. Then there is the usual names and then guys like Murray and Thomson. I think Thomson will get Dundee or Raith. 

Any half decent manager should have Dunfermline challenging 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not always as easy as that though is it. There’s loads of factors at play and people improve and get better at what they do to. For me anyway he seems like a likeable younger guy who knows the league and what he’s doing and Airdrie seemed to play the best football in the league too from what I’ve read. I think Falkirk have done the best business, getting McGlynn in a proper good appointment and then after that it’s hard to judge. 

Petrie or DC wouldn’t take it. Then there is the usual names and then guys like Murray and Thomson. I think Thomson will get Dundee or Raith. 

Any half decent manager should have Dunfermline challenging 

Ok, it was a tad devil's advocate and overall we definitely improved this year but the 3 previous seasons weren't great but as usual in Scottish football it's the same names all the time on the managerial merry go around.

If he does go i hope we think outside the box a little! (and yes i'm aware of the Martin Rennie experiment)

Who is realistically out there that has that experience? Should we just go for Allan Johnston because he won it a couple times? 
Ian Murray has a good win record and has had Airdrie challenging, when they are probably miles behind a good few teams in that league, finance wise. 

You’d do worse than just getting AJ in for a season to get you back up.

No chance of Petrie or Campbell though.

Yikes. Not beyond the realms of possibility given the club's track record. Kettlewell or McPake would be utter shite appointments but McPake especially fits the "young coach" bill the board talked about. Trouble is, he is absolutely shite at being a football manager. 

Yikes. Not beyond the realms of possibility given the club's track record. Kettlewell or McPake would be utter shite appointments but McPake especially fits the "young coach" bill the board talked about. Trouble is, he is absolutely shite at being a football manager. 
Would rather Kettlewell over Mcpake

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’d do worse than just getting AJ in for a season to get you back up.

I'd agree with that. At least AJ has won League 1 a couple of times. Murray hasn't won a promotion and was sacked within a year of getting his only full-time gig at St Mirren. 

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Would rather Kettlewell over Mcpake

Nicer beard? Its a tough choice.

Nicer beard? Its a tough choice.
Base it on purely County's situation when they got relegated in 2017 and bouncing straight back that season being close(ish) to our situation the now (a league up albeit)

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think Kettlewell would be the worst appointment in the world. 

I'd agree with this, won the double with Ross County thought he speaks reasonably well on TV about the game.

Kind of forgot he existed and although he wouldn't be in my absolute favourite list he wouldn't be on a list of people to avoid.