Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
5 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

There is absolutely not a hope in hell that Dick Campbell applied for the Pars job when you appointed Grant and then Yogi and didn’t get interviewed. The only way that would happen is if he was offered the job on the spot.

80 applicants applied when Grant got it and they didn't interview a single one of them. They sought him out specifically. The former chairman boasted about it at the time.

I’d hate to see the other 79...

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sorry, you're right. We were destined for third until Raith collapsed. 

Don't disagree with the point about Charlie Adam right enough. 

I wouldn't want McPake. Terrified we'll get him. 

Callum Davidson would be a great fit, has recent history with your club too.

Think you should move on that tonight, maybe get it done by the weekend.

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think Gary Caldwell is a realistic shout.

It’s only a realistic shout if the Pars board consists entirely of dribbling simpletons who are impressed  by the fact that he can use Microsoft PowerPoint.

I don’t say this lightly, but I think his track record as a manager is worse that Peter Grant’s was when he got the job.

I’d hate to see the other 79...

Grant wasn’t even one of them. He didn’t apply. Made a big deal in his first interview, revealing he didn’t apply/send a CV and Dunfermline asked to talk to him.

80 applicants and not one interviewed, no wonder you lot went down that’s bad running of a football club and your chairman (like ours) was stuck in his ways and never actually listened before it was too late 
He never even applied bud. Lifting this from the bbc article on his appointment at the time:

"The former West Ham United and West Bromwich Albion coach reveals that the biggest factor in taking the Dunfermline job was the club hierarchy's approach to him, having been impressed with his Alloa side's performances last season despite suffering relegation.

"They saw my CV on the football pitch," Grant says. "I don't believe in putting a CV in because, if I did, I would blow everybody else away anyway. I don't mean that disrespectfully.""

Just ludicrous.

20 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

"They saw my CV on the football pitch," Grant says. "I don't believe in putting a CV in because, if I did, I would blow everybody else away anyway. I don't mean that disrespectfully.""

😂

That is absolute gold.

Forgot about Bartley before I saw this poll, he wouldn’t be my first choice but another decent option IMO
alot of pressure for a first job but I think he could handle it
He was heavily linked with the Ayr job before Bullen got it apparently though he's been promised the Livi job when Martindale takes a step back

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Forgot about Bartley before I saw this poll, he wouldn’t be my first choice but another decent option IMO

alot of pressure for a first job but I think he could handle it

How about we avoid someone who threats a woman with ruining her life and hasn't publicly apologised for his actions instead ran away after he left the court.

If he was appointed I would certainly think twice about going back, the apology would have to come out with the announcement and be incredible sincere and explain as to why now he has never apologised for his actions.

9 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

There is absolutely not a hope in hell that Dick Campbell applied for the Pars job when you appointed Grant and then Yogi and didn’t get interviewed. The only way that would happen is if he was offered the job on the spot.

He applied and wanted it. There are some members on the board that don't like him (not sure if they are there now) but he would have had no chance anyway. Like others have said, we had 80+ applicants and not one person got interviewed. It was a cock-up to end all cock-ups

Imagine having a relatively fit, healthy and more importantly inspired Charlie Adam with a point to prove and it taking to the last day of the season to secure 2nd in the second tier of Scottish football. If that doesn't highlight to the board just how bad McPake is then your board is a lost cause. Adam and Adam alone dragged us to 2nd in spite of McPake.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Imagine having a relatively fit, healthy and more importantly inspired Charlie Adam with a point to prove and it taking to the last day of the season to secure 2nd in the second tier of Scottish football. If that doesn't highlight to the board just how bad McPake is then your board is a lost cause. Adam and Adam alone dragged us to 2nd in spite of McPake.

Adam and also Cummings did his bit with some important goals. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

He never even applied bud. Lifting this from the bbc article on his appointment at the time:

"The former West Ham United and West Bromwich Albion coach reveals that the biggest factor in taking the Dunfermline job was the club hierarchy's approach to him, having been impressed with his Alloa side's performances last season despite suffering relegation.

Just ludicrous.

Peter's CV.

Wasn't a bad player in a big team. Made some pals that got me jobs. Live nearby.

Liam Fox 😂 Should be nowhere near it. Be better off with Hughes ffs.

I do genuinely believe now it'll be Thomson or Murray. Can't see it being anyone else tbh. 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Peter's CV.

Wasn't a bad player in a big team. Made some pals that got me jobs. Live nearby.

That was the highlight of the Willo Flood signing. The Pars excitedly interviewer asked him about his reasons for joining such a massive club. Flood said he had a few options but Dunfermline’s training ground was his shortest commute. 

11 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Adam and also Cummings did his bit with some important goals. 

We could have put a plank of wood up front that season and he'd have scored a good few. In fact, that's not far off the truth, Osman Sow who was completely finished our top scorer!