Dunfermline's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dunfermline's next permanent manager?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Surely that's less likely now than it was last time, since it wouldn't even be a step up to a higher division for him?

You are probably correct but maybe he has reached a glass ceiling at Montrose? He has done very well and like Arbroath, have made improvements off field away. Maybe he knows there is little chance of Montrose going up next season and might be hard pushed to make the playoffs let alone a title challenge, May see The Pars and their greater resources as a more viable proposition? The main stumbling block would be his job at BoS at Rosyth. Maybe the Pars board can come to some agreement with Petrie and his current employer on that front. I reckon he would get two seasons barring not getting promoted.

10 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Surely that's less likely now than it was last time, since it wouldn't even be a step up to a higher division for him?

Might also work the other way, less of a jump but still a full time/bigger job with his team.

For me personally the four I'm thinking of at the moment are Petrie, Kevin Thomson, Dick and Ian Murray.

Petrie is the obvious choice, just as he was a year ago before we got Peter Grant and then Yogi in November. Kevin Thomson wants a new challenge, has been interviewed for Raith, I think he'd be a good fit. Ian Murray has done very well at Airdrie, would tick the boxes similar to Kevin Thomson. Rumour has it Dick applied both times the job was last available and wasn't offered an interview which is bonkers. Like Petrie, the Pars are his club and I'm sure given our current position would see it as a good challenge. Can't see him taking Arbroath further than he has this season.

3 minutes ago, jagfox said:

You are probably correct but maybe he has reached a glass ceiling at Montrose? He has done very well and like Arbroath, have made improvements off field away. Maybe he knows there is little chance of Montrose going up next season and might be hard pushed to make the playoffs let alone a title challenge, May see The Pars and their greater resources as a more viable proposition? The main stumbling block would be his job at BoS at Rosyth. Maybe the Pars board can come to some agreement with Petrie and his current employer on that front. I reckon he would get two seasons barring not getting promoted.

I suspect you might be right in terms of him having reached a glass ceiling with Montrose. They're a very decent team, well organised, and good to watch, but any opportunity for further progression is probably gone now as League One continues to get tougher and tougher.

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Might also work the other way, less of a jump but still a full time/bigger job with his team.

Fair point! Also, it might just be more appealing anyway to take on Dunfermline as they rebuild to challenge next season, compared with trying to pull away from the lower end of the Championship last time. It's certainly less risky from his perspective anyway.

The team that has made a right Harry hunt is Raith,  McG lynn was binned a fortnight ago and really had the pick of their targets,   now Dunfermline, Hamilton, Morton(soon) and Dundee are all looking for managers,    Raith are turning into the munter that is left at the burger van at the end of the night...

14 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

For me personally the four I'm thinking of at the moment are Petrie, Kevin Thomson, Dick and Ian Murray.

An interesting quartet. Dick is the only one to take a team out of the third tier I think. He also struggled at a higher level before his successful spell with Arbroath. I don't see him moving at the moment. He seems to be successful enough off the field so is not going to be swayed by a higher supplier imo.

Petrie has been loyal to Montrose as again he has a good job off the field. 

Ian Murray has done a good job at Airdrie and is maybe hitting a similar glass ceiling to Petrie at Links Park. It will be a struggle for Airdrie to be second or better next season and may find themselves fighting it out with Montrose for 4th place. I do not think he has managed a promotion winning team. He also failed in his first and only to date full-time role at St Mirren. 

Kevin Thomson has been strongly linked with the Dundee job so may not even be an option after the weekend.

Stewart Petrie is under contract till summer 2025 if he was to go need to be some serious cash put up.I can't see it happening he loves the Mo and has a good job with bank, part-time football suits him right now could be different in years to come.

Dick Campbell can't see it either to be honest built Arbroath up why would he walk away from it now?

What about Ian McCall? Ex-Par, has won League 1 at least twice including last season. You will just need to make sure he gets back from Seville in one piece....