Time for the Blazers to walk.........

One club has put in a letter of complaint/protest. I suggested it could be Glenafton and their own letter has now delayed things. Someone suggested yesterday it could have been Glencairn - although my thoughts were how can you put in a letter of complaint for a game you are not playing in (I appreciate the outcome affects them). I doubt it would be Blantyre as they started the game. Don't you just love the internet where you can speculate all day because of lack of information.
We all know glenafton shouldve been awarded a 3-0 victory and the 3 points while Blantyre should face points deduction for next season as this is only way 2 stop teams doing this. This whole thing stinks of the juniors

Mon the papers

Just now, passbackdave said:

We all know glenafton shouldve been awarded a 3-0 victory and the 3 points while Blantyre should face points deduction for next season as this is only way 2 stop teams doing this. This whole thing stinks of the juniors

Mon the papers

The game should’ve been moved it’s as simple as that.

The game should’ve been moved it’s as simple as that.
Moved 2 when? Whenever rangers arent playing? We play in a professional league now. If ur 2 schedule the season around the old firm then 2 me this stinks of the juniors

Mon the papers

As far as from what I've heard, Kennie doesn't need to move the game as there has to be a reason, Blantyre asked for postponement and Glenafton said no, Supposed to be both teams come to an agreement as far as I'm lead to believe regarding the rules, although I could be wrong.  Its a professional league so yeah its not moved unless certain unavoidable circumstances happen or occur.

Blantyre have known about this game for some time, they have a development squad where the youth players sign the same amateur contracts as the first team players, unless Blantyre deem a youth player to be of a high standard then they put him on a pro contract.  Unless most of Blantyre's players were playing from a loan spell and those players called back then they have no excuse.   From the outside it looks as if its Blantyre's fault hands down

Someone suggested yesterday it could have been Glencairn - although my thoughts were how can you put in a letter of complaint for a game you are not playing in (I appreciate the outcome affects them).

That suggestion would be incorrect.

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Moved 2 when? Whenever rangers arent playing? We play in a professional league now. If ur 2 schedule the season around the old firm then 2 me this stinks of the juniors

Mon the papers

How many times are a Scottish club going to be in a European final?

Common sense should’ve prevailed and it would’ve avoided all of these shenanigans.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

As far as from what I've heard, Kennie doesn't need to move the game as there has to be a reason, Blantyre asked for postponement and Glenafton said no, Supposed to be both teams come to an agreement as far as I'm lead to believe regarding the rules, although I could be wrong.  Its a professional league so yeah its not moved unless certain unavoidable circumstances happen or occur.

Blantyre have known about this game for some time, they have a development squad where the youth players sign the same amateur contracts as the first team players, unless Blantyre deem a youth player to be of a high standard then they put him on a pro contract.  Unless most of Blantyre's players were playing from a loan spell and those players called back then they have no excuse.   From the outside it looks as if its Blantyre's fault hands down

It was their youth players that played at cumbernauld on the monday.

Common sense should’ve prevailed and it would’ve avoided all of these shenanigans.

I get ur point but but we all decided 2 leave the juniors and join a more professional set up. When it starts i dont know. Why did glenafton say no 2 a date change anyway?

Mon the papers

5 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

I get ur point but but we all decided 2 leave the juniors and join a more professional set up. When it starts i dont know. Why did glenafton say no 2 a date change anyway?

Mon the papers

From earlier comments it appears there were several dates/times suggested by Blantyre - Glenafton rejected them ALL.

22 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

Because they knew the Blantyre team were staunch and would struggle to raise a team.

They were right

40 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

I would hazard a guess that they knew they’d get an easy 3 points.

It should’ve been moved.It’s more Juniorish that it wasn’t moved!!

On 22/05/2022 at 19:27, Greenmachine said:

I would hazard a guess that they knew they’d get an easy 3 points.

It should’ve been moved.It’s more Juniorish that it wasn’t moved!!

No it shouldn't be moved
Blantyre asked for match to be moved
Glenafton were asked and they said No

If Blantyre's players were all ill, medical certificates required then the league might have moved the match or or moved the match due to Blantyre having Loaned players who have been asked to return to their parent clubs but Blantyre only had a few so there's no reason to move the match.
A premier league team with a development squad have no excuses to move the match as they have over well over 30 singed players.

I don't have full details but it looks like Blantyre's fault

I bet there were a few Glenafton players wanting to go to Seville but decided to stay to help fight relegation

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

4 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

What if there was a good film on the telly, will we move games for that?

22 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I bet there were a few Glenafton players wanting to go to Seville but decided to stay to help fight relegation

This is a very fair point and fair play to the lads from both teams who did turn up. I feel sorry for the boys from Blantyre. 

Edited by Lurcer

Glenafton knew exactly what they were doing by refusing to switch the game as they were talking about it in the Saturday game against Beith.
The game should never have been arranged on the night of a Euro final with a team from the West of Scotland with a huge fan base from everywhere taking part.
Afton would’ve beat Blantyre in any case but forcing it on to help there own ends is unsporting at the least and is totally unfair in the two other teams left in the relegation places along with them.

4 minutes ago, Lynchmob11 said:

Glenafton knew exactly what they were doing by refusing to switch the game as they were talking about it in the Saturday game against Beith.
The game should never have been arranged on the night of a Euro final with a team from the West of Scotland with a huge fan base from everywhere taking part.
Afton would’ve beat Blantyre in any case but forcing it on to help there own ends is unsporting at the least and is totally unfair in the two other teams left in the relegation places along with them.

Absolute nonsense

They were told the date. they turned up on that date with a full team, and were convincingly ahead when the game got abandoned

I absolutely agree there was a case for the league to re-arrange the match, but having made arrangements, paid players, arranged catering etc, all Glenafton did was agree to play on the date they were told to, which they did, nothing "unsporting" or "totally unfair" about it

Easy for you to say given your team are safe from relegation.
Glens knew exactly what they were doing by not agreeing to switch the game.
Should’ve been taken out both teams hands and moved to the Saturday as both team’s were not playing on that day.