Time for the Blazers to walk.........

1 minute ago, Botlad67 said:

Blantyre Only turned up with 7 players and got a man sent off to make it 6 and ref had to abandon the match 

Cheers.That’s not a great scenario to put it mildly.A game that had significance for relegation positions turned into a bit of a farce….Very disappointing.

2 minutes ago, 3point4win said:

The fixture was allocated. 

Glenafton turned up. 

Glenafton were winning 

Glenafton will be awarded a 3-0 win anything less would be even more of a mockery and joke of the league. 

So did Blantyre. The ref abandoned the game as they only had 6 players on the park - but they started the game within the rules with 7 players.

So what are the rules regarding abandoned games. I know Largs had to replay one in the Juniors against Cambuslang Rangers a few years back.

17 minutes ago, 3point4win said:

The fixture was allocated. 

Glenafton turned up. 

Glenafton were winning 

Glenafton will be awarded a 3-0 win anything less would be even more of a mockery and joke of the league. 

It’s an embarrassment.

5 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

It’s an embarrassment.

It’s an awkward one for the authorities and no one seems sure of the rules. I’m a wee bit scared that Blantyre have played the system the night . They had no intention of playing the match out , came with 7 men and feigned an injury to go down to six within 30 mins which stops the game . Having watched the game  I would have been very surprised if the glens had scored less than ten goals , they could easily have been up 5 or 6 in the first 20 

9 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Can someone detail what actually happened please?

Blantyre got to ground phone call to say car broken down other side of Strathaven   Glenafton man offered to pick players up but time was running out for match to be completed before dark its 50min  round trip to pick guys up. Match went ahead with Vics fielding 7 Inc 52yo coach 30 mins in vics 2_0 down Vics m an injured seen by Glens physio unable to continue 

11 hours ago, Glenconner said:

The man named himself.

He stated hr had the power to change fixtures.

11 hours ago, Glenconner said:

The fixture guy admitted he had the power to prevent this farce and embarrassment to the Wosfl.

But he went on to say " I cannot change games just because 1 team asks for it. If I was to allow 1 team to do it, I'd have to allow all teams to do it. Imagine the chaos that would cause if teams were allowed to pick and choose when they wanted to play."

kennie young has given his life to junior football, the man deserves respect. blantyre should have been professional enough to field a team, so a car broke down, 5 players at most, they were playing a coach, whee was the rest o the squad, dont teams call in that man of many clubs A Trialist any more

1 hour ago, tommytwotapes said:

Blantyre got to ground phone call to say car broken down other side of Strathaven   Glenafton man offered to pick players up but time was running out for match to be completed before dark its 50min  round trip to pick guys up. Match went ahead with Vics fielding 7 Inc 52yo coach 30 mins in vics 2_0 down Vics m an injured seen by Glens physio unable to continue 

Not sure whether you are trying gallantly to defend your team or rippin' the p***. Either way your car story is...

image.jpeg.efbc9730ab35a7c84a2864c8cd2f4028.jpeg

The sheer bad luck of it, to have a car break down so far away from the game - I am sure they were able to find a pub to entertain themselves while the RAC made their way to them. Such bad luck. Hope there was something on TV to go along with their bottles of bud.

5 hours ago, wintonfan said:

kennie young has given his life to junior football, the man deserves respect. 

Kinda sums up a section of the Wosfl.

The Juniors are a footnote in Scottish football history.

It's over the Juniors are gone forever.

I'm sure at a personal level the fixture guy is a nice guy.

Starting to think the guy is bullied by certain clubs and probably other blazers.

I've been having a go at kennie recently over the schedule of the West of Scotland cup on why it's been left to become an end of season tournament. But I can't agree he should walk that's just taking it but to far. But when he said he had the power to change the fixture but wasn't doing it I felt it was a phrase from the Scott Robertson days and we were back to those dark days where that's the way it is and I'm the boss and I'd you don t like it Tuff ! Personally I thought he could have stepped in and changed the fixture as soon as we knew the final was on that night but left it to the two argue it out with no agreement. But should be walk absolutely NO....

3 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Kinda sums up a section of the Wosfl.

The Juniors are a footnote in Scottish football history.

It's over the Juniors are gone forever.

I'm sure at a personal level the fixture guy is a nice guy.

Starting to think the guy is bullied by certain clubs and probably other blazers.

if you can do better then volunteer

kennie young has given his life to junior football, the man deserves respect. blantyre should have been professional enough to field a team, so a car broke down, 5 players at most, they were playing a coach, whee was the rest o the squad, dont teams call in that man of many clubs A Trialist any more
Theres ur problem there. Its not junior football anymore

Mon the papers