The Bullying Thread

19 hours ago, BFTD said:

PE teachers are all cowardly bullying c***s and closeted child molesters.

I was 6ft tall with a beard by the time I was twelve, so I didn't have to worry too much about their attentions of either kind, but I got to see plenty of their work. With the benefit of hindsight, the most amusing one used his classes to show off - if we were doing rounders, the class would be spent tossing balls up for him to strike across the playing fields, with everyone else screamed at to go and fetch the balls. If it was football, we had to take turns in goal avoiding his howitzer penalties. That kind of thing. Unnerving and intimidating behaviour to a kid; tragic and hilarious as an adult.

Not quite so amusing when he was punching the smaller kids for looking at him the wrong way, or making changing room inspections five minutes after the girls arrived back in from their class.

My high school teacher was brilliant. He was a great teacher and a really nice guy as well. He died not long ago and was only in his 40's. They took him to the crematorium via the street the school is on and it was absolutely packed with people. There was a minute silence at Palmerston as well. No doubt Annan had one as he was a former player and I think he was involved with the rugby club as well. Given he was a teacher it upset me to hear he'd passed tbh. 

1 hour ago, Paul Kersey said:

Anybody who pulls a 16 year old boys pants down and touches their bare arse is a fucking nonce and should be outed as such. 

Played Sunday League a few years ago and two of our subs did exactly this to one of our 16 year old players at the side of the pitch. I put it on our group chat after the game that it was a bit creepy and they tried to play it down as banter. One of the guys was in his 30's at the time as well. Absolute OFTW the pair of them. Though the other boy has since died but it wouldn't surprise me if the older one is outed down the line. A complete p***k as a well as a creep.  

Not really a bullying story ,but the guy did leave within a week of starting the job, and not to make light of some of the stories on hear, but when I was younger i used to work in a shop, was abit like a kwick save,this old guy came to work in the store and was a typical old fella,kinda guy you would see down an old man’s pub or in the bookies ,he didn’t even understand what  downloading a patch from the Microsoft website was for . I used to give him abit of a hard time  calling him a old duffer, insulting him in front of the other staff in the canteen that kinda thing ,as I thought it was “boggin” that a old guy was working at that age ,especially as  I knew when I was his age I would be on a beach with a drink and a cigar,was some other old duffer there  Aswell but I kept him alone ,as he took the blame for me turning off a fridge one night. Coincidently he got headbutted off the old guy that I used to bully.  

23 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

Not really a bullying story ,but the guy did leave within a week of starting the job, and not to make light of some of the stories on hear, but when I was younger i used to work in a shop, was abit like a kwick save,this old guy came to work in the store and was a typical old fella,kinda guy you would see down an old man’s pub or in the bookies ,he didn’t even understand what  downloading a patch from the Microsoft website was for . I used to give him abit of a hard time  calling him a old duffer, insulting him in front of the other staff in the canteen that kinda thing ,as I thought it was “boggin” that a old guy was working at that age ,especially as  I knew when I was his age I would be on a beach with a drink and a cigar,was some other old duffer there  Aswell but I kept him alone ,as he took the blame for me turning off a fridge one night. Coincidently he got headbutted off the old guy that I used to bully.  

Sounds like the sort of guy who would struggle driving a line of trolleys

23 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

When I was around 15, one thug at another school thought he'd pick on me on the school bus - huge mistake on his part as I was carrying my hockey stick at the time . . .

Can't imagine why he picked on you, m9.

I got to "downloading a patch" before I clicked [emoji38]

55 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

When I was around 15, one thug at another school thought he'd pick on me on the school bus - huge mistake on his part as I was carrying my hockey stick at the time . . .

Appalling….who the f**k owns a hockey stick.

On 17/05/2022 at 21:57, Boghead ranter said:

Yeah, I was bullied as a kid, for pretty much the whole of my S2 year.

I found the move up to high school really difficult, found it hard to process the change moving from being in the biggest/oldest year at primary to being the youngest/smallest in secondary, for some reason.

Then, in S2, 3 of who had been my closest pals for years (lived near each other, hung out together all the time, etc) decided for reasons that only make sense to schoolkids to make my life a misery. And I made it worse by, rather than standing up for myself, going completely into my shell, and just sucking it up. And at the time, it felt like the entire S2 year piled on and joined in, though, looking back later, some other kids joined in occasionally, most didn't give a f**k, but for me at the time, it felt the way it felt. I didn't even get respite in the school holidays, there were threatening/silent phone calls to my house, things thrown at our windows, stuff like that. There was one guy who I knew thru the BB and the played golf with, who without being a nutter, could be a hardnut and knew how to look after himself, and he kinda railed against what was happening to me, and hung out with me, went out of his way to walk me to and from school, and such. If it hadn't been for him, I dread to think what sort of place I would have ended up in mentally.

It all kinda stopped in the summer between S2 and S3, though I never fully trusted those 3 in the way that I had done before.

My self confidence never recovered from it, and has always been a fragile thing ever since then. I have grown up thru my teens hating my reflection, looking for both physical and mental things about myself that I deemed 'my fault' and the reason people would want to bully me for. And to this day, in my mid 50s, I still occasionally myself looking in the mirror and doing myself down, especially now that I can add 'old' and 'bald' to the list of things to dislike about myself.

It's held me back in pretty much every job I've had, whether a new job or promotions, even though interviewers have spent time assessing me and deciding "yeah, he's the one for the job", I still get into the role and find myself thinking "I can't do this job, why did I put myself up for it" fairly frequently, and basically stressing myself out.

I've become very adept over the  years at being very careful how much of myself I let friends and colleagues know about me - most folk I'd say would say they know me pretty well, but they don't, they know the me that I've allowed them to know.  I've taught myself to have a personality that doesn't come across as "there's something he's holding back and not telling us", so people think they know me. There are probably only 3 or 4 people who actually know me completely, who I trust to be able to share how I'm really feeling with, without worrying that they're going to twist that knowledge back on me.

TL;DR bullying is shite.

Holy f**k mate. Brave sharing that but think it’s good that you did. 

I once gave someone a roll up filled with match heads in it. c**t smoked 3/4ths before it lit up like a sparkler. 

In fairness the guy had been homophobic to one of my friends and had previously battered his own mum. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

4 hours ago, Arthur daley said:

I literally watched that episode today.

The first couple of years of primary school (in England) were idyllic. Then my folks sort of split up and I ended up in this wee village school. It was only a few miles away but was a different world. Straight away the other boys and even the teachers were not very nice to me. Then it was constant name calling (I had a Scottish name and Scottish parents).  It made me really miserable at home, suddenly not having friends. 

I got fed up of it so decided to sort it out one break time. Went absolutely batshit and gave about 8 of them a doing. Got moved back to my old school and all was well again.