The Bullying Thread

Lots of awful stories in here. It's still far too common especially in workplaces.

Hopefully more and more people will say something rather than just watch it happen. 

Quite recently, a relatively unliked but tolerated family member was finally stood up to by someone a lot smaller and bricked it. Was very satisfying to see.

Same as all bullies, absolute cowards when stood up to.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The level of violence used against children not that long ago was pretty staggering.  My parents are boomers, born in the mid 1940s, and when they were growing up they were routinely beaten. 

Aye same with my folks, although my late father would administer a few proper beltings to us himself, including this total beezer. I was getting bullied in P6, eventually told my folks fully expecting to be told to stand up to the c**t. But no, violence was "never the answer" so he complained to the headteachel about it. The bully in question got a wee talking to, before starting his shite immediately after school the following day. I snapped and hit him as hard as I possibly could. I was shite at fighting but I caught him with a totally flukey beaut. Nose burst, blood everywhere, him crying like f**k. It was pretty much the only noteworthy thing i did in my entire time there.

Not so glorious though was the janny seeing the whole thing and me back in the head's office this time as the offender. My parents were told and my reward was a terrifically ironic battering from my old man 😂. Magnificent life lessons there. 

I was bullied at high school in 3rd year, although the guy wouldn't hit me as such, just get up in your face, call you names, jab his finger in your chest etc to show off in front of his pals and the girls in class he was never going to get off with in a million years anyway. He did this in Physics once while we were all waiting for the teacher to turn up. I lost it and launched him into the coatstand, then sat down. The teacher walked in and completely ignored one of his pupils lying on the floor in a daze and started talking about kinetic energy. Bizarre as f**k. 

The trades though have always been mental for bullying shit. Loads of boys left school in 4th year for various trade apprenticeships and some of the stuff they put up with was wild. One went to work as an apprentice to a local joiner and had a torrid time, including regularly having his trousers/pants pulled down in front of everyone else in the workshop and having his arse skelped by the time-served old weirdo. 

8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

The teacher walked in and completely ignored one of his pupils lying on the floor in a daze and started talking about kinetic energy. Bizarre as f**k. 

I think in situations like that a lot of the time the teachers know who the arsehole pupils are and who aren’t so would be more inclined to turn a blind eye. Although that’s probably not the case as we are now in the 2020s.

Similarly one boy in my second year at school had been getting a bit of abuse from another guy (who was your typical Ned). The guy getting the abuse finally snapped and launched the Ned guy across the desk while the teacher was out the room in art or some bs. The ned went up to the teacher when she returned and after telling her what happened just got told to go and sit back down and that was it.

There was a wean in my school who, around about third year, took a dislike to me and two other guys. None of the three of us were even mates but the rumour went round that this guy was gonna give us all a kicking. Now this wean's da was a drug-dealer in a nearby council estate and always swaggered around the school surrounded by two fifth years. The two fifth years were as thick as shit but, the rumour was, his da' was paying them to stay on til sixth year to give his boy protection. In reality he was just giving him two attack dugs. Anyway everyone was telling me that I was gonna get a doing aff this guy and just to let him do it because, if I fought back, the two arseholes he hung aboot with would jump me and it would be worse.

Of the three of us who were gonna get a doing the first was Chrissy, who tried to fight back, and the three of them put him in the hospital. Obviously this news was filtered back to me with glee by ma pals.

Then, next day, it was my turn, I was walking down to school and saw them all standing by a lamp post, I said nothing and walked by and felt something on the back of my head. I thought maybe an empty can or something had been thrown because it wasn't that hard and when I turnt round the bully was standing directly behind me. I figured that was it and walked on. In one of the first periods someone said he had punched me and I laughed saying there was no way he punched me because I barely felt it. Turns out he had punched me and he found out I laughed at it so he pulled me up again at lunchtime and swung a dig right at ma face. Caught me right on the cheek but, again, wasn't really that hard. I just walked away. I was a wee hero for about a day because everyone saw this guy launch a haymaker at me and I just shrugged it off.

The next day at lunchtime he tried to square up to the third kid and swung a punch at him but then the other kid knocked the f**k out of him. Just went absolutely mental on him. The two fifth year bodyguards tried to break it up but Ian was like a fucking terrier. The bully started crying, saying he was sorry, begging him to stop. Eventually the two older kids pulled him away but he still got three or four good kicks into him as he was being dragged away. The teachers came out so the fifth years had no chance to exact any kind of revenge. The bully moved school by the next year, maybe even next term, and I have a vivid memory of a bunch of 4th year lassies pointing and laughing at him the next day and him crying again. 

33 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There was a wean in my school who, around about third year, took a dislike to me and two other guys. None of the three of us were even mates but the rumour went round that this guy was gonna give us all a kicking. Now this wean's da was a drug-dealer in a nearby council estate and always swaggered around the school surrounded by two fifth years.

0E6C6EA1-16AF-4D72-BEB5-CEC62B66AAAF.gif

Edited by Arthur daley

I had a wee job from the end of sixth year until my second year at uni in an Arnold Clark office, it was one of the head offices , basically doing admin. It was really boring and the place was full of women of varying ages, they were fucking horrible, their chat and behaviour was just beyond comprehension. Some of the older ones used to ask me questions about sex and embarrass me. It was really quite awful and I wish at the time i’d done something about it. Absolutely hated working there and put me off ever working in an office again.

In my previous job, I was probably the victim of workplace bullying (or at least, workplace intimidation). You don’t realise it until you’re out. Screamed at and threatened by a manager to undertake consecutive day shift into night shifts. This behaviour was backed up by said manager’s manager, so what chance do you have. I refused and was made to feel very small.

It was a macho environment and I imagine this behaviour is very common. Synonymous with the types who bemoan ‘snowflakes’ and use the phrase ‘in my day’.

Another phrase of his which springs to mind is ‘seduction, not rape’.

I got bullied in first year of secondary school - eventually stood up to him and it stopped. We actually became mates as he moved in the same circles as myself and primary school pals I was still friends with as we were all Dons fans and went home and away/reserve games. |However, I was always slightly wary of him.

I've had no incidents as scarring as some of the ones mentioned in here but having gone through an apprenticeship I fell victim to two "pranks" which would probably be seen as bullying. I always took a bit of a slagging because of my size, I'm small and skinny so to big burly engineers I probably didn't look the part. I was once thrown into a carton, the lid thrown on with a weight on top then the box was lifted up onto a rack. Left me there for about half an hour before the bosses started asking where I was. Second one was similar, I went into a container to look for parts and they locked the door behind me, I spent the morning in there before someone let me out. Once I finished my apprenticeship I thought being on the tools and working with these guys wasn't for me, moved to an office job. Folk who say you shouldn't grass on these types are part of the problem too, they might not bully folk themselves but enable it to get worse.

We had a guy at our school who was the classic "Bulletprooof Bully". Arrogant c**t whose dad was a lawyer and his mum was a teacher at the school, so any accusations against him either didn't stick or were swept under the carpet, to the extent that people stopped bothering grassing rather than being encouraged not to. He finally got his comeuppance at an end of year empty at the end of 4th year. One of his usual targets was a wee guy who hated football, was into computers and Warhammer - the classic geek, but a guy you'd always take one of over 100 of the bullying p***k. 

At this party, the guy I shall call Wee Stevie, for that was his name, was sitting chatting to one of the nicer girls in the year, when Bully Bigbaws walks over and give it the whole "Why you talking to that fucking loser?" schtick. While she told him to piss off, he didn't heed the warning, and kept going. At this point, Wee Stevie proved yet again that height does not necessarily reflect ability in the air as he launched up out of his seat and connected on the c**t's jaw with a header worthy of winning any Cup Final. Stevie was quickly surrounded by the girls, desperate to find out if he was OK, while Graham the c**t (for that was now his name) lay on the floor, with even his lackeys not going anywhere near him. He left midway through the first term in 5th year to go to a posh boarding school in Edinburgh, but there were no negative consequences for Stevie, other than a fucker of a sore head the next day, which could also have been due to copious amounts of MD2020.

As horrible as bullying is in general, there are few things more glorious in life than seeing one get absolutely telt in a public setting.

I was bullied to a certain extent at school.  Never to the same extent as some of the poor c***s that they targeted, but enough for it to have left it's psychological scars.

I always found it amusing in a twisted sort of way on the odd occasion that I was unfortunate enough to bump into them in my adult life and they'd speak to you like you were long lost best pals. 

I don't care how much you've changed, or how much you regret what you did, or the problems you had in your own life at the time that made you do it, you're still the c**t that made my life miserable and I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

7 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I was bullied to a certain extent at school.  Never to the same extent as some of the poor c***s that they targeted, but enough for it to have left it's psychological scars.

I always found it amusing in a twisted sort of way on the odd occasion that I was unfortunate enough to bump into them in my adult life and they'd speak to you like you were long lost best pals. 

I don't care how much you've changed, or how much you regret what you did, or the problems you had in your own life at the time that made you do it, you're still the c**t that made my life miserable and I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

These c***s are always the first to turn up to/try to arrange school reunions as well.

Never been bullied myself but once in school some dingus was halfing the disabled kids during a kick about for no reason.  He done it one too many times so I kicked f**k out of him.  That was in 6th year and he never touched any of them again.

The above post reminded me of a bully of a PE teacher we had, I actually got on with him really well and he guided me to a Higher A but there was no doubt he bullied others. He once put a partially blind boy (I think he had about 10% of his sight) in goal then smashed a penalty at him, missed his face by about 4 inches and he only reacted when the ball hit the wall behind him. The teacher played Junior at the time too, it was outrageous in every way.

Edited by The Moonster

The above post reminded me of a bully of a PE teacher we had, I actually got on with him really well and he guided me to a Higher A but there was no doubt he bullied others. He once put a partially blind boy (I think he had about 10% of his sight) in goal then smashed a penalty at him, missed his face by about 4 inches and he only reacted when the ball hit the wall behind him. The teacher played Junior at the time too, it was outrageous in every way.
We had a PE teacher like that who played junior in the late 80s. He was a total arsehole to the less sporty kids. We found out he played for a local team so went to a game to rip the pish out of him (he was shite tbf). A fine example of teenage failure to forward plan as of course he made our lives hell the following few weeks [emoji23]

Some really harrowing stories on this thread, I'm feeling very fortunate that I've never had to experience what some of you have been through.

I wouldn't say I've been a victim of bullying myself, but I did have to watch my Mother going through it towards the end of her career.  She is now retired but was a FE lecturer, and took immense pride in her work and her ability to do it to a high standard.  As she got towards her late 50s however, there were two colleagues who had previously been fairly close friends of hers who suddenly, and without any seeming justification completely turned on her.  What had been an enjoyable work environment very quickly turned either completely silent/hypercritical almost overnight, and sadly it affected her to the point that she had to take an extended period off sick.

It's absolutely heartbreaking to watch someone you love go through this kind of thing, periodically blaming or questioning themselves, and watching their confidence ebb away with each interaction - all for absolutely no gain to the other women either.  What's more is that now, more than a decade after her retirement, her whole estimation of her achievements within her career is undoubtedly undermined by her experiences as a victim of bullying.

PE teachers are all cowardly bullying c***s and closeted child molesters.

I was 6ft tall with a beard by the time I was twelve, so I didn't have to worry too much about their attentions of either kind, but I got to see plenty of their work. With the benefit of hindsight, the most amusing one used his classes to show off - if we were doing rounders, the class would be spent tossing balls up for him to strike across the playing fields, with everyone else screamed at to go and fetch the balls. If it was football, we had to take turns in goal avoiding his howitzer penalties. That kind of thing. Unnerving and intimidating behaviour to a kid; tragic and hilarious as an adult.

Not quite so amusing when he was punching the smaller kids for looking at him the wrong way, or making changing room inspections five minutes after the girls arrived back in from their class.

On 17/05/2022 at 23:32, Day of the Lords said:

The trades though have always been mental for bullying shit. Loads of boys left school in 4th year for various trade apprenticeships and some of the stuff they put up with was wild. One went to work as an apprentice to a local joiner and had a torrid time, including regularly having his trousers/pants pulled down in front of everyone else in the workshop and having his arse skelped by the time-served old weirdo. 

Anybody who pulls a 16 year old boys pants down and touches their bare arse is a fucking nonce and should be outed as such. 

Just now, Paul Kersey said:

Anybody who pulls a 16 year old boys pants down and touches their bare arse is a fucking nonce and should be outed as such. 

I don't think he was ever outed as a nonce, but more than a few folk were pretty convinced he was.