Head wear

Hats and more  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Deerstalker is the calling card for the pompus who thinks he is better than all and matches it to his tweeds and plus fours while never actually venturing further into the countryside than putting his PCP Range Rover onto a pavement

I came back from cowboy country with a Stetson and wore it here for years. Mockery is not something that bothers me, clearly. Unfortunately, I left it on a train after ten years or so, and that was that. I got myself another last time I was back over, but it's just not the same.

So, baseball cap for me. Brilliant for keeping the rain off your glasses, and the sun out of your eyes. Headwear seriously needs to make a comeback.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Hats are the final refuge of people who have shite hair, IMO.

This is also true. I've knew a few folk who cheerfully admitted that they wore a cap so they didn't need to wash their hair in the morning.

Nasty.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

This is also true. I've knew a few folk who cheerfully admitted that they wore a cap so they didn't need to wash their hair in the morning.

Nasty.

Tbf if I've just woke up and have no milk for my tea then I'll don a cap to the shops and back. But not as some permanent workaround for actually washing, that's clatty.

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

Tbf if I've just woke up and have no milk for my tea then I'll don a cap to the shops and back. But not as some permanent workaround for actually washing, that's clatty.

Aye, that's fine.

Think I'd rather shave my head than wear a hat because I'm a soap dodger.

2 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Deerstalker is the calling card for the pompus who thinks he is better than all and matches it to his tweeds and plus fours while never actually venturing further into the countryside than putting his PCP Range Rover onto a pavement

I saw a few lads wearing them in the early 80s during the dress down period.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Hats are the final refuge of people who have shite hair, IMO.

My hair used to be amazing then some of it got bored with me and gradually f**ked off.

So it's a baseball cap or occasionally a sombrero for me.

1 minute ago, stevieKTID said:

My hair used to be amazing then some of it got bored with me and gradually f**ked off.

So it's a baseball cap or occasionally a sombrero for me.

I, in my wisdom, did a charity headshave in February 2019. That's the only time a hat has been a regular fixture on my head. You never realise how cold it actually is until your hair is gone. 😂

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I, in my wisdom, did a charity headshave in February 2019. That's the only time a hat has been a regular fixture on my head. You never realise how cold it actually is until your hair is gone. 😂

I was freezing a few months back playing football during a hailstorm but resisted the urge to stick on my beanie because playing football in a hat just isn't right unless you're a goalie.

10 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

I was freezing a few months back playing football during a hailstorm but resisted the urge to stick on my beanie because playing football in a hat just isn't right unless you're a goalie.

A beanie might have been okay. A baseball cap would have been strange though.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

That was like a little time jump to 2030 for you then, without having to get up to pish more often at night.