Head wear

Hats and more  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It has become common for people with no style to slag off cool hats on here. 

I was wondering what particular types of head covering P&B users preferred so i've made a poll to gauge the general mood. 

I've tried to get all the main ones covered. Unfortunately i only had 15 spaces so some religions and klansmen may miss out. 

Edited by coprolite

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Hats are the final refuge of people who have shite hair, IMO.

If I’m mountain biking or running I like to wear a bandana. This protects the ears from branches etc and helps stop headaches but also showcases the fine mop sprouting out of the top. 

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone wearing a hat indoors is an attention seeking w**k.

How about a hat AND sunglasses?

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

If I’m mountain biking or running I like to wear a bandana. This protects the ears from branches etc and helps stop headaches but also showcases the fine mop sprouting out of the top. 

How tall are you if you're worried about branches hitting your ears?

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

How about a hat AND sunglasses?

How tall are you if you're worried about branches hitting your ears?

More for the mountain biking than the running tbf. Tearing through forest tracks you tend to get lots of cuts and bruises from jaggy trees etc. It should also help mop up blood and brain matter in the event of a bad one.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

More for the mountain biking than the running tbf. Tearing through forest tracks you tend to get lots of cuts and bruises from jaggy trees etc. It should also help mop up blood and brain matter in the event of a bad one.

Ah, I see.  I don't go mountain biking, as I would probably unintentionally do some gnarly trick and break every bone in my body.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone wearing a hat indoors is an attention seeking w**k.

I once met an acquaintance who was wearing a beanie hat in a pub. I hilariously told him it was bad manners and said he should remove it, so he took it off to reveal a 4 inch scar from his recent brain operation, that he wanted to cover. 

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Your avatar?

Come to think of it, I never really notice if characters in westerns take their hats of when indoors. I never hear anyone complain.

You do know that's not me but Clint Eastwood.

In a movie.

Made in the 1960s.

Set in the 1860s.

No bunnet option on a Scottish football forum? I've recently invested in a Barts Oslo Cap* to protect my nearly bald napper from the sun and when it's not cold enough for a bunnet. Both are eminently practical as they both fold up for stuffing in a pocket.

*Similar to this one.

4420_oslo-cap_09_amf2_1.jpg

No headband option?

Fine. 

My da loves a hat. Absolutely loves them. Specifically bunnets. He has a big baw face (quoth Mater Army) so doesn't suit any hat. Especially his daft Balmoral bunnet, which he wears, complete with clan badge. An absolute riddy.