Lowland League promotion playoffs

EdinburghBlue

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
Happy to see Tranent win this given they are a club with a fair sized support rather than a rich guy's vanity project, but it's ridiculous that they aren't both being promoted.

Yup. All of that plus the fact that there's been a noticeable amount of arrogance from fans of West clubs regarding their superiority over the East.

Some of it's been quite painful.

16 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
21 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
Happy to see Tranent win this given they are a club with a fair sized support rather than a rich guy's vanity project, but it's ridiculous that they aren't both being promoted.

Yup. All of that plus the fact that there's been a noticeable amount of arrogance from fans of West clubs regarding their superiority over the East.

😂

36 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
42 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I noticed on twitter Mark Shankland desperately trying for bites when Auchinleck won the South Cup last week. I've no skin in the game, but it looked to me like Bonnyrigg changed their line up drastically and knew the job was done with promotion into the SPFL. 

It's a brilliant few weeks for football in the East with today's result. 

51 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You would need to include St Cuthbert in that.

3 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

You would need to include St Cuthbert in that.

Not necessarily if the rules on the playoff were changed to two out of three.

It will take at least five years for there to be a clear trend on the EoS vs WoS thing that appears to fixate some people. Personally think the west will tend to dominate in the years ahead as the pool of very strong tier 6 clubs in the east looks shallower to me but not really that fussed either way on what I actually want to happen. Hopefully the pro/rel format will be changed well before five years but turkeys and Christmas etc.

The stuff about Darvel players being away on a stag do is mindboggling and would be reminiscent of Montrose vs Brora, if it wasn't for the fact that the rich sugar daddy's public statements in this case have been all about going for it where eventual SPFL membership is concerned rather than being happy to just win the local regional league.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not necessarily if the rules on the playoff were changed to two out of three.

It will take at least five years for there to be a clear trend on the EoS vs WoS thing that appears to fixate some people. Personally think the west will tend to dominate in the years ahead as the pool of very strong tier 6 clubs in the east looks shallower to me but not really that fussed either way on what I actually want to happen. Hopefully the pro/rel format will be changed well before five years but turkeys and Christmas etc.

The stuff about Darvel players being away on a stag do is mindboggling and would be reminiscent of Montrose vs Brora, if it wasn't for the fact that the rich sugar daddy's public statements in this case have been all about going for it where eventual SPFL membership is concerned rather than being happy to just win the local regional league.

Change the record neebs yer still silently seething congrats to Tranent. :thumsup2

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan