Lowland League promotion playoffs

EdinburghBlue

As if losing 7-0 wasn't enough, the Kirkcudbright side has to suffer the ignominy of almost everyone on the P&B Forum calling them St. Cuthberts (or St. Cuthbert's).  It's singular - St. Cuthbert Wanderers (they don't come from Kirkcudbrights or Kirkcudbright's).

Phew. Glad a I wrote off St. Cuthbert beforehand.

The SoSFL should be sitting alongside the bottom tier of the WoSFL. It'll let the smaller clubs who just want to play in a regional D&G league stay in that and will give the more ambitious clubs a proper and appropriate pathway to move up through. It'll also save the current D&G clubs in the LL from potentially going down and being trapped in the SoSFL where they're too good for the SoSFL and nowhere near good enough to compete with the top EoSFL and WoSFL clubs in the play-offs. A whole season of scooshing your league just to get pumped bloody in a play-offs. No sensible club should want that scenario.

18 hours ago, craigkillie said:

An utterly pointless affair even having these two games involving St Cuthbert's. The only thing it does is prevents a fair two-legged contest between Tranent and Darvel.

And, potentially, further down the line, it will be a block to automatic promotion from tier 6. I'd imagine the LL would find 2 up (from the EoSFL and WoSFL) / 2 down much more palatable than 3 up (EoSFL, WoSFL, SoSFL) / 3 down.

It's possible for 2023/24. I wouldn't get any hopes up.

• Threave Rovers join the WoSFL this summer
  • Gretna 2008 maybe Dalbeattie Star try to change their relegation league.
  • Some in the SoSFL consider applying to the WoSFL for 2023/24.
  • The Lowland League swings in favour of opening up increased promotion/relegation to Tier 6.

There's a discussion to be had.

39 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's possible for 2023/24. I wouldn't get any hopes up.

• Threave Rovers join the WoSFL this summer
  • Gretna 2008 maybe Dalbeattie Star try to change their relegation league.
  • Some in the SoSFL consider applying to the WoSFL for 2023/24.
  • The Lowland League swings in favour of opening up increased promotion/relegation to Tier 6.

There's a discussion to be had.

I wish I could foresee a set of circumstances that encouraged that?

4 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

So kind of blows the “they should start at the bottom of the pyramid” theory out of the water?

Remember when the Lowland League, out of all the leagues in Scotland, had an explicit rule barring two teams competing from the same club in leagues within the Professional Game Board?

Would have blown most theories out the water until the question got asked.

13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Remember when the Lowland League, out of all the leagues in Scotland, had an explicit rule barring two teams competing from the same club in leagues within the Professional Game Board?

Would have blown most theories out the water until the question got asked.

Did not know that but that has always been my standpoint as well

56 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Don't know, is the right answer. It's never been a topic of discussion.

Did the WoS league not knock back an attempt to have a BSC Glasgow B team by having a no reserve team policy when applications were being taken? Think that ultimately just led to BSC Glasgow telling their A team to take a hike.