Lowland League promotion playoffs

EdinburghBlue

1 hour ago, beachboy said:

I appreciate what the rules state, but it wasn't random, how can one team be omitted from the draw for the first fixture?

The scheduled dates of the games are not connected to the draw. Darvel could have been missing from the first game and still been away to Tranent in the final game had the draw gone differently.

Finished 7-0. Just a few weeks after Drumchapel beat Nithsdale Wanderers 13-1 in a cup final. 

There needs to be an all encompassing discussion about where the SoS sits within the pyramid. There is absolutely a place for local football in that area but it clearly isn't at tier 6 alongside the EoS and WoS, particularly given geographical overlap with the latter.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Finished 7-0. Just a few weeks after Drumchapel beat Nithsdale Wanderers 13-1 in a cup final. 

There needs to be an all encompassing discussion about where the SoS sits within the pyramid. There is absolutely a place for local football in that area but it clearly isn't at tier 6 alongside the EoS and WoS, particularly given geographical overlap with the latter.

I'm hoping to see Threave Rovers move to the WoSFL this summer. Kind of forces the South's hand in discussions. Going by the rumour mill it was something that St Cuthbert's may have been considering once they found out about Threave. Certainly with old SoS (Girvan) and near (Kello Rovers) I don't think there would be much trouble for them bouncing around the WoS Divisions.

With discussions over the LL Playoff to come sooner than later and the WoS settling into a format. I'm sure the clock is ticking on the SoS at Tier 6.

4 minutes ago, edinabear said:

The SOS should be tier 7 and feed into West Prem. Not far to travel really

It really shouldn't. Due to the regional split there were plenty examples of WoS Conferences v. SoS sides this season in the SCC

Lugar Boswell Thistle 6-2 Wigtown & Bladnoch
Upper Annandale 0-4 Lesmahagow
Abbey Vale 3-4 Newmains United
Cambuslang Rangers 7-0 Lochmaben
East Kilbride Thistle 4-2 Newton Stewart
Lesmahagow 6-3 (aet) Creetown

Lesmahagow, Lugar BT, Newmains, and East Kilbride Thistle are all due to be in the WoS Third Division next season. Which is Tier 9.

58 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Agree that this makes sense, but if this happens some account needs to be taken of Threave and St Cuthberts being licensed, and having been senior for a lot longer than anyone in the WoSL. So appropriate restructuring rather than just deciding arbitrarily to shove the South down one or two levels.

5 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Agree that this makes sense, but if this happens some account needs to be taken of Threave and St Cuthberts being licensed, and having been senior for a lot longer than anyone in the WoSL. So appropriate restructuring rather than just deciding arbitrarily to shove the South down one or two levels.

Threave Rovers are already applying to the WoSFL and would be starting at whatever the bottom is. Which they obviously seem happy with otherwise they wouldn't have been applying in the first place.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Threave Rovers are already applying to the WoSFL and would be starting at whatever the bottom is. Which they obviously seem happy with otherwise they wouldn't have been applying in the first place.

Threave Rovers have been in more leagues than Rangers.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm hoping to see Threave Rovers move to the WoSFL this summer. Kind of forces the South's hand in discussions. Going by the rumour mill it was something that St Cuthbert's may have been considering once they found out about Threave. Certainly with old SoS (Girvan) and near (Kello Rovers) I don't think there would be much trouble for them bouncing around the WoS Divisions.

With discussions over the LL Playoff to come sooner than later and the WoS settling into a format. I'm sure the clock is ticking on the SoS at Tier 6.

I believe Newton Stewart may also be on the move.

4 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I believe Newton Stewart may also be on the move.

All I know is the announced names in the WoS which South wise only included Threave at the time.

It wouldn't shock me if clubs are now actively exploring their options.

The league is down to 13 participants. 2 of which are reserves. Wigtown & Bladnoch not that long ago took a year out and sitting bottom on 4pts. It would be good for the league if Heston Rovers returned.

35 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Should Gretna ever get relegated from the LL they'd probs piss the league and have 2 games for a shot back at the LL 

Obviously things change but doesnt fit right. 

Two games that they'd definitely lose. Nobody is deliberately dropping into a weaker league just to strategically ensure themselves a play-off that they'll get pumped in.