What will you do..

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

Will feel slightly longer this year with either entering European qualifiers at a later stage or all going well this week not at all .

A few years back when having to do the full qualifying route a few seasons on the bounce it felt like the summer break lasted about a fortnight 

Yeah as much as the guaranteed champions league money is a god send not having European qualifiers for us is going to be strange and a relatively settled squad too. Usually I’m trying to figure who the hell we are potentially playing, wondering wtf is Biton playing CB in a must win qualifier and why we didn’t sign anyone for those rounds. Stability is shite tbh.

As a Killie fan I've found the last few weeks to be quite unusual - because we'd been in the Premiership for so long it meant we played well into May, and since the last game in Kirkcaldy it's taken a while to get used to no football while the Premiership finishes up and the lower-league playoffs started. For me, I enjoy spending my summer Saturdays playing bowls, doing stuff with friends and going to the odd festival/big outdoor gig. I usually find the first few weeks without a game alright, but then you get to the end of June/start of July in a year without a summer tournament and I'm desperate to get back.

56 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah as much as the guaranteed champions league money is a god send not having European qualifiers for us is going to be strange and a relatively settled squad too. Usually I’m trying to figure who the hell we are potentially playing, wondering wtf is Biton playing CB in a must win qualifier and why we didn’t sign anyone for those rounds. Stability is shite tbh.

You better hope your board dosen’t read this post and start getting ideas 

24 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You don't like sitting in the sun with a beer enjoying a gentle spot of sport?

Takes all sorts, I suppose.

Got an ex boss who is a Yorkshireman - bunch of us are trying to arrange a trip down at some point.

Sounds magic - the only time I have done cricket was when Aus toured here at The Grange and it was basically rained off 😆

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

You don't like sitting in the sun with a beer enjoying a gentle spot of sport?

Takes all sorts, I suppose.

Cricket’s a sport?  Every day’s a school day.

Glad it’s over for a bit. Not because I’m scunnered with St Mirren, but I’m scunnered getting there through the (surely must be permanent) lane closures on the M8 through the Charing X underpass, then the new lane closures at Ibrox thru’ Hillington. When the Sevco were at home too, I was as well setting off the day before the match. 🤬

Will be spending my weekends desperately trying to hang onto my 10 handicap on the golf course, and generally hoping the weather picks up to get out and about in some much needed sun-shee-innneee…. He said, in his best Liam Gallagher voice.

Edited by pozbaird

Summer = lots of daylight, so big mountain days, more remote hills that aren't easily do-able on short days and some good wild camps - no football makes planning a lot easier.  Isle of Rum and Fisherfield at least are on the agenda for June and July before the European trip planning kicks in properly.

By the end of July I'll be champing at the bit for the opening day of the season though. 

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
3rd qualifying round of ECL

What are you doing in the summer after that?

Personally I’ll still be laughing at Dundee’s managerial appointment.

Used to play cricket, but I fell out with my team, and I don't think my Scottish team will pay to bring me home. I've been playing 25+ years, so finding something new is hard, maybe I'll try guitar harder.