What will you do..

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Glad it’s over for a bit. Not because I’m scunnered with St Mirren, but I’m scunnered getting there through the (surely must be permanent) lane closures on the M8 through the Charing X underpass, then the new lane closures at Ibrox thru’ Hillington. When the Sevco were at home too, I was as well setting off the day before the match. 🤬

Will be spending my weekends desperately trying to hang onto my 10 handicap on the golf course, and generally hoping the weather picks up to get out and about in some much needed sun-shee-innneee…. He said, in his best Liam Gallagher voice.

Snap, right down to being off 10.  Although I prefer to hoover up a few new courses than to play a lot of medals.

I'm not 100% sure I miss Thistle all that much in summer, as the stress/rage levels going down for a while is a good thing.

Always enjoy the close season. Long days that aren't wasted by having to follow my team.

Walking, cycling, photography, going away in my wee converted campervan mostly to the islands.

Stuff yer summer football. It'a a winter pastime when the weather is too shit to do much else. And a summer break restores blind hope that next season will be better.

Carrying on with my Running and spending time with the kids.

Generally being happy as I don't have to witness incompetent management of my football team.

Scotland games and some non league stuff to get me through to middle of June. Then MLS on tv (footballs version of methadone) to get me through to league cup group stages. 

Edited by Jute

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The Scottish reflex to dislike cricket is baffling. It's the perfect spectator sport.

100 yards from folk with a ball that fits in your hand, can you see anything?  

16 hours ago, Swello said:

Summer = lots of daylight, so big mountain days, more remote hills that aren't easily do-able on short days and some good wild camps - no football makes planning a lot easier.  Isle of Rum and Fisherfield at least are on the agenda for June and July before the European trip planning kicks in properly.

By the end of July I'll be champing at the bit for the opening day of the season though. 

The Rum Cuillin are brilliant. It was a hell of a long day when I went about 15 years ago, and never saw another soul all day. Hopefully not too busy these days now the crowds have discovered Scotland's wilder places during the pandemic.

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The Scottish reflex to dislike cricket is baffling. It's the perfect spectator sport.

Problem is, much of the time it's just a bunch of w4nkers standing about in pyjamas.  They also sometimes play for several days, then call it a draw - even when one side has a huge lead - because it's started raining.

On the other hand, England are absolutely humiliated on a regular basis by their ex-colonies, so it's not all bad.

4 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Problem is, much of the time it's just a bunch of w4nkers standing about in pyjamas.  They also sometimes play for several days, then call it a draw - even when one side has a huge lead - because it's started raining.

On the other hand, England are absolutely humiliated on a regular basis by their ex-colonies, so it's not all bad.

I like this aspect of it. It's very gentlemanly. You either win or you don't win. The flip side would be saying that we'll just wipe out a big chunk of the competition and call it as it lies. Surely no Scottish football fans would be in favour of that...

I like that it goes on a long time. It has its twists and turns and the match is a long story. People say it's boring, but it's no more boring than a hell of a lot of football matches. A lot of time on a football pitch is people chucking throw-ins up the touchline while people head the ball back and forward etc.

A lot of people in Scotland simply don't like it as it has English connotations. It's a great game and, for me, the best day out spectator sport by a mile. I'm looking forward to quite a bit of it in the coming weeks.

This weekend will be spent on the swally in Benidorm taking in the ST.J v ICT playoffs plus the cup final. Then after attending Scotland games v Ukraine and Armenia it's off to Dublin for the Ireland game. Home for a day then off on my summer hols. Back on 1st July to catch the pre season friendlies. 

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

The Rum Cuillin are brilliant. It was a hell of a long day when I went about 15 years ago, and never saw another soul all day. Hopefully not too busy these days now the crowds have discovered Scotland's wilder places during the pandemic.

I think the ferry (which is a bit of a logistical nightmare), the fact that there are no Munros and the fact it's a very big day limits it to more committed folk - but it is more busty than it used to be by all accounts.

40 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think the ferry (which is a bit of a logistical nightmare), the fact that there are no Munros and the fact it's a very big day limits it to more committed folk - but it is more busty than it used to be by all accounts.

I was lucky and got a blue sky day, was sweltering hot. The sea view all round from the ridge are superb. Enjoy!