What will you do..

with your weekends now that the football is finished (bar the Cup final)?

Will you miss it?

Will you be going for walks in the woods?

Personally I find it OK for about a fortnight then really start to miss it. Not just going to games but all the mad stuff that goes on around Scottish Football.

It's risky but I'm considering telling the wife and bairn that, due to the world Cup, there is no summer break this year and buggering off for some peace and quiet every second Saturday.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

The last couple of seasons have changed how fans have followed their teams, even this season when you're allowed back into stadiums have allowed you to just pop  an away game on the telly with ppv or some dodgy stream, which is only takes up about two hours of your time, then you can just switch it off and go do something else. All the stop starts with International breaks and such gets you used to periods of no club football too. Don't think i'll be too badly missing it for 3 or 4 weeks, then i'll get itchy feet wanting to get to a game.

33 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

with your weekends now that the football is finished (bar the Cup final)?

Will you miss it?

Will you be going for walks in the woods?

Personally I find it OK for about a fortnight then really start to miss it. Not just going to games but all the mad stuff that goes on around Scottish Football.

It's risky but I'm considering telling the wife and bairn that, due to the world Cup, there is no summer break this year and buggering off to give them some peace and quiet every second Saturday.

FTFY.

I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

As @LiviLion said I'll only be sans fitba for the month of July, and I'll hopefully spend the entirety of that watching re-runs of our goals against Ukraine and Wales and the various celebration videos resulting from it.

If that doesn't come to pass then I'll hopefully hae a bike again by then and will take myself off on wee mini adventures.

More walking, without having to be back at a particular time.  More lying about.  Less posting inconsequential and uninformed shite on this forum, I will save that for other forums.

Will feel slightly longer this year with either entering European qualifiers at a later stage or all going well this week not at all .

A few years back when having to do the full qualifying route a few seasons on the bounce it felt like the summer break lasted about a fortnight 

Edited by Forever_blueco

This has changed for me in the last few years. I used to really miss the fitba over the summer, but I honestly don't now.

I'll watch some cricket, me and the missus will visit some friends for the odd weekend when the weather is good, me and the group I go to the football with will meet up somewhere for a weekend away at some point, I'll do some hiking etc.

It's a nice time of year. I love the fitba, but I don't mind a bit of time off. I don't even really pay much attention to summer transfers etc. Just kind of switch off to it. It'll all be there when I come back to it.