Integrity

1 minute ago, andy25 said:
3 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:
That makes a mockery of this level. I like the guys at Blantyre but that's an embarrassment 

Surely could have got some of their u20s to play?

Happy Chappy wouldn't have been pleased but at least this would've been avoided

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I was one of the 8 that made the effort for Blantyre i'd be pissed off at everyone right now. Those that failed to turn up from their own side and the league for not finding a way to move the game.

Wouldn't like to be Rutherglen Glencairn at this moment

What a complete farce of League.

1 hour ago, Oscar Wilder said:
1 hour ago, andy25 said:
Absolute farce.
Blantyre should be heavily fined and start next season minus 10 points.

Glens had full squad and coaching staff present, Blantyre had 7 players and 1 coach in dugout! About 80 odd at game!

53 year old coach on park

Is there any rule that would suggest they get a points deduction next season? You can't just go making up rules on the fly.......it isn't the SPFL. What is "right" and what actually happens are two different things often. The only thing I could think would be bringing the game into disrepute but they'll argue they tried their best to raise a team. 

Horrible situation. Glencairn play 38 games and end up relegated because a group of players want to watch the telly. 
Don’t think it’s just Blantyre to blame. Suspect they’ve cooked it up between them as it was essentially a dead rubber for Blantyre and, according to Kennie, Glenafton didn’t request a change meaning a change couldn’t be actioned. Whole thing stinks.

Glenafton don't have to change a fixture just because their opponents are too bothered about another game on the TV. This is the 6th tier of Scottish football, not some daft pub league.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Glenafton don't have to change a fixture just because their opponents are too bothered about another game on the TV. This is the 6th tier of Scottish football, not some daft pub league.

100% agree and it makes a mockery of the term “senior”. Just saying that I don’t think Glenafton are totally innocent here.

Picture it. “Right boys, if we all turn up and half a dozen of them come down, we can all watch the game in the club once the ref calls it”.

Not outwith the realms of possibility.

Regardless of what went on in the background anf how much it stinks, the fact is that Blantyre started the game within the and it was abandoned within the laws.

Can't for the life of me think of anything they could feasibly be punished for unless evidence were to emerge of them arranging this with Glenafton which I can't see being the case.

49 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Surely got to be some kind of investigation here? How can it be allowed for a team already down to essentially forfeit a match that consigns another team to relegation and save another?

Don't think Blantyre have forfeit match sure they will be ready if a replay 

6 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Regardless of what went on in the background anf how much it stinks, the fact is that Blantyre started the game within the and it was abandoned within the laws.

Can't for the life of me think of anything they could feasibly be punished for unless evidence were to emerge of them arranging this with Glenafton which I can't see being the case.

Failing to fulfil a fixture would be the obvious one - they clearly did not make much attempt to get a team together or they wouldn't have started with seven players.