Integrity

Does anyone else think it is a farce that a goalkeeper was on the teamlines for Rutherglen against Pollok on the 14th of May, and has played for Blantyre and Rutherglen against Glenafton in the ten days following that?

This is really taking the loophole that @glensmad spoke about to the extremes. It is a sad state of affairs for the league and has turned it into a farce. For that reason it is surely clear that the Rutherglen Secretary should be stepping down from his post in the Management Committee, as he has zero credibility remaining.

22 minutes ago, Remi22 said:

Does anyone else think it is a farce that a goalkeeper was on the teamlines for Rutherglen against Pollok on the 14th of May, and has played for Blantyre and Rutherglen against Glenafton in the ten days following that?

This is really taking the loophole that @glensmad spoke about to the extremes. It is a sad state of affairs for the league and has turned it into a farce. For that reason it is surely clear that the Rutherglen Secretary should be stepping down from his post in the Management Committee, as he has zero credibility remaining.

What have Glencairn done that is wrong here? They released a player and he went onto play for other clubs. I know of another club who played a trialist under similar circumstances who profited from it this season and there has been no big outcry then. It seems that people like you and 3points (possibly you are the same person as 3points has previous for that) are using it to settle a score. I

What I will say is that if it was done in a co-ordinated way and that Glens were going to re-sign the player then that is different and there should be punishments handed out at that point as that is circumventing the deadline but at this moment it looks to me like 2 teams were struggling for a keeper and took one who was available. If you have proof of collusion then I am sure the league would be happy to accept your evidence. 

Kennie is right in that the SJFA had a specific rule about it but that was because a club used a similar rule to their advantage (IIRC playing the player in a playoff to stay up). 

17 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

What have Glencairn done that is wrong here? They released a player and he went onto play for other clubs. I know of another club who played a trialist under similar circumstances who profited from it this season and there has been no big outcry then. It seems that people like you and 3points (possibly you are the same person as 3points has previous for that) are using it to settle a score. I

What I will say is that if it was done in a co-ordinated way and that Glens were going to re-sign the player then that is different and there should be punishments handed out at that point as that is circumventing the deadline but at this moment it looks to me like 2 teams were struggling for a keeper and took one who was available. If you have proof of collusion then I am sure the league would be happy to accept your evidence. 

Kennie is right in that the SJFA had a specific rule about it but that was because a club used a similar rule to their advantage (IIRC playing the player in a playoff to stay up). 

I agree with you in general, but it is highly unusual for any club to release a player that late into a season.

6 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I agree with you in general, but it is highly unusual for any club to release a player that late into a season.

I would think it would depend on the situation. Ive been involved in releasing players this late in the season so they could play at another level (Know it is not the same) to get game time or to have a better chance in playing. If that was the case in this situation fine, but as I said above if the clubs colluded to do this that is another story.

15 minutes ago, 3point4win said:

It's immoral rules or no rules broken and several individuals involved were seemingly at the game to see the fruits of this. 

Organisation secretaries and club secretaries should be leading the way with good morals and behaviour.  What chance have me got if they don't. 

I can tell many stories of club officials lacking morals!!

As I said earlier if there is proof that Glencairn colluded with Blantyre and Cumbernauld then my opinion would be different and if you have any proof you want to share then great!

28 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I can tell many stories of club officials lacking morals!!

As I said earlier if there is proof that Glencairn colluded with Blantyre and Cumbernauld then my opinion would be different and if you have any proof you want to share then great!

He hasn’t though. He’ll just got round in infinite circles howling at the moon because that’s all he does.

The situation has been clearly explained, no rules are broken and a contingency for next season has been agreed

NEXT…

Was reading the paper today and, it seems, there was collusion with the government to force the sale of Newcastle United to the Saudis to help with UK foreign policy. Really surprised it made the paper ahead of "Ex-Glencairn player plays for other teams."

It's the exact opposite. It couldn't happen in the juniors as they have rules that would prevent it. Any player that has had his registration cancelled after 31st March cannot play Junior football for the rest of that season.
But don't let that stand in the way of you having a go at the 'Juniors'.
It did happen kennie and we know it. If u wanna keep up ur junior thinking then maybe u should start them back up and let us ambitions teams get on with it in the wosl

Mon the papers

You would need to be very gullible to think Glencairn were not trying to gain an advantage by releasing players early.
That move failed so doon yous go kicking n screaming.

I wonder where the keeper of many clubs will play next season?

Wonder if the judgement on the Blantyre faisco will be out before DArvel's two promotion games are completed. Could draft in Sue Gray to speed things up a bit.

2 hours ago, 3point4win said:

Plenty of time to post online and attend games but not to make a obvious decision .

To keep Glenafton waiting so long is criminal.

Aye yer right about the timescale , taking a ridiculous amount of time to make a decision , they are looking anything but professional, just whit are they waiting on now ?????

27 minutes ago, 93glens17 said:

Aye yer right about the timescale , taking a ridiculous amount of time to make a decision , they are looking anything but professional, just whit are they waiting on now ?????

They are waiting for the following headline. 

“WOSFL team promoted to LL, solves relegation problem “

See what I did there,  no names mentioned and a double positive. 

6 hours ago, Lurcer said:

They are waiting for the following headline. 

“WOSFL team promoted to LL, solves relegation problem “

See what I did there,  no names mentioned and a double positive. 

Aye , yer probably right enough. 

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
13 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:
Imagine a few doz Bens fans turning out supporting Darvel on Saturday. 

And Renfrew and Port Glasgow.

Good point bud had completely forgot about the impact on the conferences. 

See more drama re colt teams in LL