Integrity

1 hour ago, South_Pride said:

I don’t see it as being any different as say the game starting with 11v11 and Blantyre receiving 4 red cards and then an injury forcing a player to go off. In that situation the game would rightly be awarded to Glenafton. Players at this level should be players first and supporters second. They get paid, imagine not turning up to your job to watch Rangers and expect a wage. 

I feel for Glencairn, I really do. For sheer connivence it suits me more with Rutherglen in the same legaue as Pollok instead of an Ayrshire side. 

Anything other than 3 points for Glenafton sets a dangerous line  that clubs will abuse. Much like the SJFA’s handling of our game with Irvine Vics. Going out a cup? Start a scrap. Not bothered about playing cause your team are watching Rangers? Field 7 and get the game abandoned and have another shot. 

Fair points but what alternatives would Blantyre have? Other than try and start the game?

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

Fair points but what alternatives would Blantyre have? Other than try and start the game?

They are a club with an Under 20's team, its stretching credibility to suggest that no matter the fact there was a European cup final on at the same time, they couldnt find more than 7 players if they really wanted to

If you read back to the start of this thread, there were rumours something was going to happen a couple of days before the match....

3 minutes ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

They are a club with an Under 20's team, its stretching credibility to suggest that no matter the fact there was a European cup final on at the same time, they couldnt find more than 7 players if they really wanted to

If you read back to the start of this thread, there were rumours something was going to happen a couple of days before the match....

Yeah get that buddy and agree, just trying to separate the game side of things from any alleged dodgy admin things from anyone. Did Blantyre make a club statement? Saw Glens TV updates 

3 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Correct me if wrong; 

Blantyre spot they will have issue fielding a team due to a major sporting event. Approach league and request a change of date. The Glens who really want the game to played (have ordered pies, made arrangements and may or may not see the advantage in playing a depleted side) say naw we want the fixture to go ahead. 

Leagues hands are tied as kennie informs rules mean that both sides have to agree to a change of date.

Glens stick to guns. Blantyre may have had to weigh up the punishment of not turning up against showing up with whoever is available.

Blantyre go on to start game with 7 players, one goes off, game abandoned by ref.

So all the circumstances and allegations aside…

Blantyre attended and had enough players to start the game with the officials approval. The ref then abandoned the game following it starting. (Think starting may be key here) So had Blantyre not shown up or been unable to field a team and game was never started… Glens would be awarded the win and guessing Blantyre would have questions to answer/face sanctions for not for filling a fixture.

At the core then, as the match had officially started and was then abandoned. It has to be replayed??? 

What I will say is it’s great to see the ecumenical make up of the Blantyre team. 7 of the squad shows the impact of a real community club. 

39 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

What I will say is it’s great to see the ecumenical make up of the Blantyre team. 7 of the squad shows the impact of a real community club. 

At least they made an effort.

Cambuslang Rangers just told them to eff off.

lol

1 minute ago, Alexander9 said:

Nothing to debate especially with you even the Talbot fans can't be assed with you trying to be Mr Talbot when you used to be Mr hurlford

Never heard that one before! must be really upsetting for you then that I really don’t care. Shame that, thanks for the attention tho 👍 

21 hours ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

The league clearly made a massive mistake in not re-arranging this game, should you not get out in front of it and make a decision prior to Monday night instead of hoping that Cumbernauld dont win, which will cause the mother of all shit shows?

Why should a game be rearranged by the league at any level, because one team doesn't want to field enough players to play it to its conclusion? That opens a whole new can of worms. 

Glenafton should be awarded the match and - unless they have compelling evidence to explain the situation - Blantyre should be given enough of a thumping points deduction for next season that no other team in the pyramid will take up their precedent. 

6 hours ago, Glenconner said:

How does it work with Cambuslang Rangers today saying eff it v Darvel.

Take it, Cambuslang Rangers must be out next year's West of Scotland cup.

Or mibbee no.

That’s even worse in my opinion. Devalues the competition. Would think a ban from next year and a hefty fine.

Glencairn will be known as a tinpot club forever more.  Even if some loophole in the rules we all know disgraceful and smacks of desperation totally compromising the integrity of the relegation situation. 
Glens goalkeeper Mcllellan deliberately released and plays for Cumbernauld and blantyre , who else from them was involved in this charade. 
Was he 1 of the Blantyre 7 that started the game at glenafton? Lol

Mon the papers

7 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Was he 1 of the Blantyre 7 that started the game at glenafton? Lol

Mon the papers

Actually , the more I think about it I think it was him , but not 100% sure . If it was him , you have to wonder what’s went on 

Actually , the more I think about it I think it was him , but not 100% sure . If it was him , you have to wonder what’s went on 
If this is true about Rutherglen then i hope they also face punishment cos wit theyve done is an old junior trick and shouldn't be allowed 2 get away with it

Mon the papers

34 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

If this is true about Rutherglen then i hope they also face punishment cos wit theyve done is an old junior trick and shouldn't be allowed 2 get away with it

Mon the papers

It's the exact opposite. It couldn't happen in the juniors as they have rules that would prevent it. Any player that has had his registration cancelled after 31st March cannot play Junior football for the rest of that season.

But don't let that stand in the way of you having a go at the 'Juniors'.

33 minutes ago, Kennie said:

It's the exact opposite. It couldn't happen in the juniors as they have rules that would prevent it. Any player that has had his registration cancelled after 31st March cannot play Junior football for the rest of that season.

Not even as a trialist?

48 minutes ago, Kennie said:

And you don’t need to agree to play under floodlights in the Juniors.