Integrity

57 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

The rule is you must have 7 players to start a game but there is no minimum amount to say it has to be abandoned it's the referees discretion to decide if it becomes a no contest.

No I'm sure the rules were years ago, not sure if here has bene rule changes in the past 10 years for this,  if a team are down to 7 players then the game is abandoned.
if down to 6 due to sending offs then I'm sure it was  a forfeit 3.0 but if abandoned due to injury then game was replayed

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

No I'm sure the rules were years ago, not sure if here has bene rule changes in the past 10 years for this,  if a team are down to 7 players then the game is abandoned.
if down to 7 due to sending offs then I'm sure it was  a forfeit 3.0 but if abandoned due to injury then game was replayed
Not correct, the game carries on with 7 players. It's only if it's less than 7 players the game has to stop.

34 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Posts on twitter saying game to be replayed.
Glenafton not happy. If true its an absolute joke.

And also posts on twitter saying that no decision has been made yet.

Why didn't you mention that? Oh wait..........

Can't stir anything up if you did.

Here's where things start to get funny.

One team has put in a letter of complaint/protest (doesn't mention who). So Glenafton (likely) won't know until after Monday's game is played if it is to be replayed or not as that letter has to be dealt with FIRST. Why do I say funny? Well, who put in the letter? If it was Glenafton, they are they ones that have delayed the process. Why would Blantyre put in a letter, they are already relegated.

(Inevitably it will be them just to prove me wrong).

36 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

if down to 7 due to sending offs then I'm sure it was  a forfeit 3.0 but if abandoned due to injury then game was replayed

Find that last bit hard to believe because it provides an obvious incentive for a player on the team starting the game with seven players to feign injury.

48 minutes ago, glensmad said:
53 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Not correct, the game carries on with 7 players. It's only if it's less than 7 players the game has to stop.

sorry, thats what i meant, anything lower than 7

amended earlier post

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Find that last bit hard to believe because it provides an obvious incentive for a player on the team starting the game with seven players to feign injury.

To be fair, I've never heard of any team starting with 7 players, ive known games where teams have went down to less than 7 players with sending offs that happened due to fights

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

And also posts on twitter saying that no decision has been made yet.

Why didn't you mention that? Oh wait..........

Can't stir anything up if you did.

To be fair, shouldnt even be a question or decision to make, its clearly a win for Glenafton or the game is fucked

Would be a massively dangerous precedent to set

Folk were laughing at the Junior cup when Vics sparked a brawl 5 minutes before the end of the Pollok cup game, and there was a question about a replay, was mickey mouse then, and we were asked to buy into this new set up to get away from that kind of nonsense

The league clearly made a massive mistake in not re-arranging this game, should you not get out in front of it and make a decision prior to Monday night instead of hoping that Cumbernauld dont win, which will cause the mother of all shit shows?

Edited by KirkyRobRoy

I wonder if they’ll wait until after Monday nights game to make a decision,if glens draw or lose the game I think they could make them replay the Blantyre game.

Correct me if wrong; 

Blantyre spot they will have issue fielding a team due to a major sporting event. Approach league and request a change of date. The Glens who really want the game to played (have ordered pies, made arrangements and may or may not see the advantage in playing a depleted side) say naw we want the fixture to go ahead. 

Leagues hands are tied as kennie informs rules mean that both sides have to agree to a change of date.

Glens stick to guns. Blantyre may have had to weigh up the punishment of not turning up against showing up with whoever is available.

Blantyre go on to start game with 7 players, one goes off, game abandoned by ref.

So all the circumstances and allegations aside…

Blantyre attended and had enough players to start the game with the officials approval. The ref then abandoned the game following it starting. (Think starting may be key here) So had Blantyre not shown up or been unable to field a team and game was never started… Glens would be awarded the win and guessing Blantyre would have questions to answer/face sanctions for not for filling a fixture.

At the core then, as the match had officially started and was then abandoned. It has to be replayed??? 

29 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Correct me if wrong; 

Blantyre spot they will have issue fielding a team due to a major sporting event. Approach league and request a change of date. The Glens who really want the game to played (have ordered pies, made arrangements and may or may not see the advantage in playing a depleted side) say naw we want the fixture to go ahead. 

Leagues hands are tied as kennie informs rules mean that both sides have to agree to a change of date.

Glens stick to guns. Blantyre may have had to weigh up the punishment of not turning up against showing up with whoever is available.

Blantyre go on to start game with 7 players, one goes off, game abandoned by ref.

Blantyre attended and had enough players to start the game with the officials approval. The ref then abandoned the game following it starting. (Think starting may be key here) So had Blantyre not shown up or been unable to field a team and game was never started… Glens would be awarded the win and guessing Blantyre would have questions to answer/face sanctions for not for filling a fixture.

At the core then, as the match had officially started and was then abandoned. It has to be replayed??? 

So whenever any team wants a game off for whatever reason we will all just turn up with seven players and get one to pull up with an injury and replay the game when it suits us. Away an wash yer hair

29 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Correct me if wrong; 

I don’t see it as being any different as say the game starting with 11v11 and Blantyre receiving 4 red cards and then an injury forcing a player to go off. In that situation the game would rightly be awarded to Glenafton. Players at this level should be players first and supporters second. They get paid, imagine not turning up to your job to watch Rangers and expect a wage. 

I feel for Glencairn, I really do. For sheer connivence it suits me more with Rutherglen in the same legaue as Pollok instead of an Ayrshire side. 

Anything other than 3 points for Glenafton sets a dangerous line  that clubs will abuse. Much like the SJFA’s handling of our game with Irvine Vics. Going out a cup? Start a scrap. Not bothered about playing cause your team are watching Rangers? Field 7 and get the game abandoned and have another shot. 

1 hour ago, pat said:

I wonder if they’ll wait until after Monday nights game to make a decision,if glens draw or lose the game I think they could make them replay the Blantyre game.

Agree with this. Stalling to see if it's necessary.

26 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

I don’t see it as being any different as say the game starting with 11v11 and Blantyre receiving 4 red cards and then an injury forcing a player to go off. In that situation the game would rightly be awarded to Glenafton. Players at this level should be players first and supporters second. They get paid, imagine not turning up to your job to watch Rangers and expect a wage. 

I feel for Glencairn, I really do. For sheer connivence it suits me more with Rutherglen in the same legaue as Pollok instead of an Ayrshire side. 

Anything other than 3 points for Glenafton sets a dangerous line  that clubs will abuse. Much like the SJFA’s handling of our game with Irvine Vics. Going out a cup? Start a scrap. Not bothered about playing cause your team are watching Rangers? Field 7 and get the game abandoned and have another shot. 

How does it work with Cambuslang Rangers today saying eff it v Darvel.

Take it, Cambuslang Rangers must be out next year's West of Scotland cup.

Or mibbee no.

29 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

Not just Pollok that wants Rutherglen in their league for travel reasons.

Same goes for the Greater Glasgow teams in the league below.

Please trust me when I assure you that there is no stalling taking place. The matter is being dealt with under due process in relation to the Constitution and Rules agreed by the clubs at last year's AGM. That takes time. No amount of pressure on an Internet forum will speed up the process, this has to be done by the rule book. I will be saying no more about this.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
25 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Please trust me when I assure you that there is no stalling taking place. The matter is being dealt with under due process in relation to the Constitution and Rules agreed by the clubs at last year's AGM. That takes time. No amount of pressure on an Internet forum will speed up the process, this has to be done by the rule book. I will be saying no more about this.

Ideal , hopefully we’ll get some news soon then

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
25 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Fair enough. Will look forward to hearing the outcome on Tuesday morning 😉

FWIW I think stalling in this case is actually the best policy.

1 hour ago, 3point4win said:

What about if you are missing two star players for a big game in the middle of the season. 

Send down seven players,  get one to go off injured and go back up the road knowing you will get the game replayed with much better chance with a star player back or two. 

And if its replayed and it matters, Glenafton are 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go....

5 players hit the deck and cant continue

We could be playing this one over and over like groundhog day

There is a clear "right" decision, as tough as it would be on Rutherglen, its not Glenafton's fault, and fair play would suggest they shouldnt be punished