Integrity

10 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

We’ve had fixture free saturdays in the wosl to accommodate the junior cup etc, if anything it makes it clear another organisations cup should never be allowed to take precedence over meaningful fixtures again...

That's the conclusion you reach when you know full well that there will be 30 rather than 38 league fixtures next season?

43 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

The best place for the Junior Cup now is the Hampden Museum.

There's an unpainted shape of it on the back of the Talbot trophy cabinet.

Edited by jimbaxters

The integrity of the game at this level is at stake here.

The decision reached could have a knock on effect for many years as this is probably setting a precedent.
A correct code of conduct has to be established that prevents teams manipulating the 7 player rule.
Under no circumstances should any team have the power to get a game abandoned and thus obtaining a replay by using the 7 player rule.

The team with less that 7 players must be seen to have lost the game and a 3-0 awarded to the opposition. Glenafton in this instance.
Any other decision sets a ridiculous precedent.

Personally I think a points deduction is appropriate for Blantyre for next season.

There are rules in place to deal with things like this. If the rules state that the game is replayed it is replayed. If those rules state that there is a victory awarded then a victory is awarded. You can’t change the rules this far into the season. If the league and member clubs think the rules should be changed then they should be changed going forward. 

Edited by Rugbyroader

10 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

There are rules in place to deal with things like this. If the tiles state that the game is replayed it is replayed. If those rules state that there is a victory awarded then a victory is awarded. You can’t change the rules this far into the season. If the league and member clubs think the rules should be changed then they should be changed going forward. 

WOSL is a new organisation are you sure there are rules covering this scenario, if so why the delay in decision making?

13 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

WOSL is a new organisation are you sure there are rules covering this scenario, if so why the delay in decision making?

I would presume there would have to be an investigation into if they did it deliberately or if there were extraneous circumstances (i.e. injuries or illness)

40 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I would presume there would have to be an investigation into if they did it deliberately or if there were extraneous circumstances (i.e. injuries or illness)

There absolutely needs to be an investigation. What happens with bets made on this fixture btw? Do they pay out at 3:0 or is the match void? 

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There absolutely needs to be an investigation. What happens with bets made on this fixture btw? Do they pay out at 3:0 or is the match void? 

I’m sorry but was there even a book opened on this game by any bookmaker. If there was they would have pulled it as soon as all the prior rumours started flying about. 

5 hours ago, tell_me_more said:

The game started with 7 players so there had to be a rule to cover that. The game stopped at 6 players so there had to a rule to cover that scenario as well. There will be a Constitution and Rules of the league that should cover such scenarios. 

16 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

The game started with 7 players so there had to be a rule to cover that. The game stopped at 6 players so there had to a rule to cover that scenario as well. There will be a Constitution and Rules of the league that should cover such scenarios. 

The rules are it goes to the Management Committee to decide.

22 minutes ago, Rugbyroader said:

I think it's in the laws of the game - ie football as a whole - that a game must be stopped if the number of players on one side falls below a limit.* Presumably then a game can begin if that limit hasn't been breached.

I remember a gaem where reading of a game where Neil Warnock was manger of one side which had gone down to nine men and he was actively encouraging his players to be sent off so the game would be abandoned.

*I had thought the limit was 8 but it must be 7.

1 minute ago, wow-wee said:

The rule is you must have 7 players to start a game but there is no minimum amount to say it has to be abandoned it's the referees discretion to decide if it becomes a no contest.

The rules clearly state that if one side has less than seven players the game must be abandoned