Integrity

19 hours ago, DanMan said:

Not being funny, but is Clydebank's responsibilty not to themselves and their fans?

Massive game tonight,  couldn't change position in the league no matter the outcome. 

Imaging the outcry from the Bankies fans if they had gone full strength on Saturday and picked up a few injuries.

Clydebank over the season gained enough points to allow themselves the right to play whatever team the manager chose. 

19 hours ago, Happy Chappy said:

I can not disagree with your sentiments , I am just the type of person who believes in sporting integrity and I would be very angry if my team played a weakened team at this stage in the season if we had been lucky enough to be in a  safe position, as I said I am possibly naïve but I do have my standards that I try to live up to in life.  

Bankies put out a team where most of them have been in the first team squad all season and involved in a 20’s team which absolutely romped its league, there were boys scoring goals for fun. If our manager wants to blood some youngsters and see if any are worth signing for next year its up to him who he plays, we dont owe any team any favours. Regardless we’ve always had hard games away to Largs and they were a team playing for their league place (and from the way they played football it was an artificial position). I want Clydebank to win the coin toss, but it was right to rest players like Nicky Little etc who have played over 44 games this season. 

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Regardless we’ve always had hard games away to Largs and they were a team playing for their league place (and from the way they played football it was an artificial position). 

If Largs win against Rob Roy on Saturday they go up into the top half of the League only a couple of points behind Cumnock in 7th. If Rob Roy win they go into that 7th spot. Both have been in the relegation zone for months. I acknowledge that at this late stage of the season both were competing against clubs with only pride to play for.

1 hour ago, tommytwotapes said:

Glenafton refuse to change game time match secretary has power to change look all the other fixtures moved this season   but he will not 

Yes, I have the power to change fixtures if I believe it will help with the running of the competition and if I have to re-schedule postponements due to weather, cup games etc. I cannot change games just because 1 team asks for it. If I was to allow 1 team to do it, I'd have to allow all teams to do it. Imagine the chaos that would cause if teams were allowed to pick and choose when they wanted to play.

12 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Yes, I have the power to change fixtures if I believe it will help with the running of the competition and if I have to re-schedule postponements due to weather, cup games etc. I cannot change games just because 1 team asks for it. If I was to allow 1 team to do it, I'd have to allow all teams to do it. Imagine the chaos that would cause if teams were allowed to pick and choose when they wanted to play.

Fair enough. Looks like the forfeit thing was a load of balls according to @tommytwotapes. If however that was a reality, surely that would be detrimental to the competition?

2 hours ago, Kennie said:

It's a one off once in a lifetime for some. Commonsense should have prevailed.

BTW I accept your point you cannot have teams picking and choosing .

But see above commonsense should have been used. Also if Glenafton were not chasing safety this game would have Been changed . 

1 hour ago, Talbot supporter said:

Don't think there will be many at the Glens game on Wednesday with Rangers playing

I’ll be at Glens game tomorrow night along with the other die hards  you watch your team all season but Rangers are in a cup final so stay in and watch them don’t think so

I’ll be at Glens game tomorrow night along with the other die hards  you watch your team all season but Rangers are in a cup final so stay in and watch them don’t think so
Be a crowd of about 20 then [emoji846]

5 hours ago, Kennie said:

Interesting 

Here's me thinking that's what our top clubs did for the last 40 years.

lol

5 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

If Largs win against Rob Roy on Saturday they go up into the top half of the League only a couple of points behind Cumnock in 7th. If Rob Roy win they go into that 7th spot. Both have been in the relegation zone for months. I acknowledge that at this late stage of the season both were competing against clubs with only pride to play for.

To be fair, Rob Roy were only in the relegation zone because they had 4-5 games in hand of teams above them like Benburb, Glencairn and Benburb, and they also won 1-0 at Talbot, who still had plenty to play for at the time.

Benburb were celebrating beating largs a couple of month back, shouting they had relegated largs that day. It's a funny old game as they say, well done largs. 5 wins on the trot with 4 clean sheets. 
And Benburb still not safe yet.

Yes we havny got the glory hunters Talbot have easy to support Talbot
Every teams got glory hunters when they get to Junior Cup finals or win the League.
Glenafton are a prime example.