2022/23 Challenge Cup

grazza

1 hour ago, roy of the rovers said:

Home to Celtic B, haud me back!

A top-notch spin doctor would find a wee trophy somewhere and market this as the Captain Jock Stein Memorial Match.

Edit: * A pity the winners aren't playing Llanelli.

Edited by Syme
Added barb

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I don't know what's more upsetting. Being reminded that this sham of a tournament exists or having to read "FC Edinburgh" on that wee draw graphic.

I shall be attending f**k all Challenge Cup games.

You’re waiting until the B team players are in the Scotland National team at the 2026 World Cup to see the talent on display. 

Get these B teams to f**k and get more REAL teams from Tier 5 clubs in. Hopefully they’re humped in every fixture by actual clubs in front of empty stands. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Where do Hibs B play their matches? 

The Hibs training centre is not the greatest of places to watch football. Maybe they'd hire Ainslie Park for the Brechin game? 

I think they played at Civil Service Strollers' ground, Christie Gillies Park last season.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Would be surprised if they even bothered announcing crowds for these games.

Competition should be scrapped due to lack of interest.

No, they should just put it back to being a competition for teams in the Championship and below, but with the addition of a team from each of the Highland and Lowland leagues (highest ranked from the previous season - so either the winners, or the side relegated from League 2).

32 teams, straight knockout over 5 rounds. Done. 

I was wondering what interest the Welsh and Irish have in this competition.

Can't really see why they want involved.

It's a bit like Celtic and Rangers being invited to the English League 1&2 cup comp.

On 04/07/2022 at 14:12, pollokfan1987 said:

Round 1 Draw5f6a0bff14c82cafc02f36a23b627065.jpg

Brutal for Buckie, Brechin and Cowdenbeath. Midweek away games in empty, nondescript parks playing against a kids’ team… romance of the cup 🙄

At least the rest got home games, or have already expressed their desire to playing against the reserve/youth teams of their premier league heroes.

Throw in the headcases from NI, the Welsh rugby team from England and a couple of bewildered English National  League into the next round, then tell me they haven’t completely f**ked this competition.

Either do what @The Master says with an open, random draw… or something like the league cup if they insist on seeding the Championship, League 1 and 2 teams