2022/23 Challenge Cup

grazza

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

With two home ties against teams in the bottom half of the league below between us and the final I will be bitterly disappointed if we do not make it tbh.

I too will be disappointed if Hamilton don't reach the final. 

20 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

I would imagine most clubs make a loss having to host games in this tournament so away to Accies is perfect for us. Even if we somehow manage to get through, a semi-final at home would probably attract a bigger crowd than a league game against QoS or Kelty.

I don't know. I don't think a semi final makes all that much difference in this competition. The only time you really see a half decent crowd is the final. I doubt we'd bring significantly more numbers to Clyde just because it's a semi-final. If it's midweek again then I can guarantee we won't bring a larger following. 

We're certainly in the kindest half of that draw ... Kelty or Clyde or Accies.  I'll take that.  There's a possible shot at the trophy in there for one of us in that side of the draw.  The opposition in the final would be tough though.  Plenty of hurdles to cross first mind.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Dundee vs dunfermline tv pick being played January 10th.

Glad a decision has been made to play the games midweek and not the idiotic original plan play on a league weekend

The weekend option was only in the event of Irish or Welsh sides playing as its not reasonable to expect them to travel midweek. It was never going to be weekend for any all Scottish tie.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The weekend option was only in the event of Irish or Welsh sides playing as its not reasonable to expect them to travel midweek. It was never going to be weekend for any all Scottish tie.

If they want to play in our competition they can play at the same time as everyone else 

Assuming that Queens league game against Kelty goes ahead on Saturday, is there any sensible reason why the game can't be played on Scottish Cup day (21 January)?  Would be odd to play midweek when both teams are free that Saturday.  It would be easier for travelling fans to get there which in turn should lead to a slightly higher crowd.

41 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Assuming that Queens league game against Kelty goes ahead on Saturday, is there any sensible reason why the game can't be played on Scottish Cup day (21 January)?  Would be odd to play midweek when both teams are free that Saturday.  It would be easier for travelling fans to get there which in turn should lead to a slightly higher crowd.

Well its a fortnight closer to next round so not ideal for anyone in case of weather issues, which are hardly unheard of in January. Next round is Feb 7th.

I imagine that free week is likely location for rearrangement of saturday if its off. Its also still a possible rearrange date for the Edinburgh game that needs moved due to clash with Scotland v Cyprus though I imagine that one is more likely just to move within same weekend. 

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well its a fortnight closer to next round so not ideal for anyone in case of weather issues, which are hardly unheard of in January. Next round is Feb 7th.

I imagine that free week is likely location for rearrangement of saturday if its off. Its also still a possible rearrange date for the Edinburgh game that needs moved due to clash with Scotland v Cyprus though I imagine that one is more likely just to move within same weekend. 

True but the timing of the games is hardly critical, and if the weather is harsh next month a game on a Wednesday night is more likely to be a casualty than a game on a Saturday afternoon.  I remember the game against Dundee United which was called off at half time as the temperature dropped (noting that was a Saturday afternoon!).

Obviously we have to see what happens this weekend, but if the games does go ahead I think it would be odd for the clubs not to consider a switch to 21 January.

13 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Sigh.....the Montrose kit is the same colours as the Barbie outfit. Great for wee dollies, not so much for big guys playing football. It looked comical. Maybe it's just my age.

Pink is a colour m8. It's 2022. 

9 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

True but the timing of the games is hardly critical, and if the weather is harsh next month a game on a Wednesday night is more likely to be a casualty than a game on a Saturday afternoon.  I remember the game against Dundee United which was called off at half time as the temperature dropped (noting that was a Saturday afternoon!).

Obviously we have to see what happens this weekend, but if the games does go ahead I think it would be odd for the clubs not to consider a switch to 21 January.

Its not up to the clubs.