Jump to content

2022/23 Challenge Cup


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

When's the draw for the next round? Had a look on Wiki as that's more up to date than the SPFL site usually is in my experience but couldn't find anything. Looks like there's two ties still to be played that have been pencilled in for November?! 

Yup, our game against Celtic B is 15th November.

Noticed that we don't have a game scheduled for 10th of December. Perhaps that's when the next round will be played?

 

Anyway, that's 3 out of the 4 non Scottish teams out of the tournament.

Edited by DA Baracus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

When's the draw for the next round? Had a look on Wiki as that's more up to date than the SPFL site usually is in my experience but couldn't find anything. Looks like there's two ties still to be played that have been pencilled in for November?! 

The old firm kids postponed their games due to youth internationals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

When's the draw for the next round? Had a look on Wiki as that's more up to date than the SPFL site usually is in my experience but couldn't find anything. Looks like there's two ties still to be played that have been pencilled in for November?! 

I'd assume it'll be after tomorrow's Cliftonville vs QPFC game. The two November ties are the Old Firm B teams who got their ties postponed due to too many international players out on duty, laughably enough. They may get to reschedule whenever they want, but the draw won't wait for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Yup, our game against Celtic B is 15th November.

Noticed that we don't have a game scheduled for 10th of December. Perhaps that's when the next round will be played?

 

Anyway, that's 3 out of the 4 non Scottish teams out of the tournament.

You already writing off Cliftonville against Queen's Park tomorrow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Yup, our game against Celtic B is 15th November.

Noticed that we don't have a game scheduled for 10th of December. Perhaps that's when the next round will be played?

 

Anyway, that's 3 out of the 4 non Scottish teams out of the tournament.

Thanks very much but we still have to win our game tomorrow. Linfield won their tie today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

You already writing off Cliftonville against Queen's Park tomorrow?

Let's say yes.

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thanks very much but we still have to win our game tomorrow. Linfield won their tie today.

Easy win.

Edited by DA Baracus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Just another team that failed to beat us in this cup. Unbeaten in the cup since 2019. Wonder who’s going to face the wrath of the Rovers next.

When is the draw anyway?

According to a comment made by SPFL Trust on Twitter, likely to be w/c 3rd October but is still to be confirmed. 
 

Linfield vs Queen of the South in Belfast please. Every other draw looks pretty pish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, JK_Queens said:

According to a comment made by SPFL Trust on Twitter, likely to be w/c 3rd October but is still to be confirmed. 
 

Linfield vs Queen of the South in Belfast please. Every other draw looks pretty pish. 

They just throw this cup together don't they? They might draw it next week if they can be arsed but then again maybe not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Welsh and Irish teams are fine, get the colt teams to f**k.

This. The Irish and Welsh teams give the opportunity for a wee jolly away, which is fine by me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the draw date is unspecified as they'll probably be building up to that round of 16 bracket thing they did last season where each team's potential path is plotted out for them. I remember them making a decently big deal about that new format last season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think the draw date is unspecified as they'll probably be building up to that round of 16 bracket thing they did last season where each team's potential path is plotted out for them. I remember them making a decently big deal about that new format last season.

That's the biggest pile of w**k ever, but largely befitting of this utter mess of a cup now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...