2022/23 Challenge Cup

grazza

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Would take Accies (don’t care if it’s home or away) in the next round. Either them or Kelty, they have the rather embarrassing tag of being one of the teams we’ve somehow managed to beat this season. 

As do we. And whilst we won, we werent exactly dominant 2nd time either.

For me there's no particularly attractive tie there. There's nobody we havent played in 2022 except Dundee, which is probably the worst draw of all, and Queens Park who we did play last season in the League Cup too. 

As the nominally weakest side left I'd take Clyde. Hamilton are likely the weakest side from a different division. Wouldnt mind them. 

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well at least if Dundee end up in the final then we know it'll be a piss easy win on that day. The two games that come before it are the real challenge.

Aye that draw looks good from a QoS point of view to get to the final but my fear is that we'll get gubbed in the actual final if we get there. I think I'd rather have had a tougher test en route. 

Having said that, we rarely beat Hamilton at NDP so regardless of how shite they are the now I'd expect them to pap us out if we were to meet. 

Edited by 19QOS19

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Having said that, we rarely beat Hamilton at NDP so regardless of how shite they are the now I'd expect them to pap us out if we were to meet. 

We are shite at Championship level, that much is true, but have comfortably dealt with any lower league side we have played so far.

With two home ties against teams in the bottom half of the league below between us and the final I will be bitterly disappointed if we do not make it tbh.