2022/23 Challenge Cup

grazza

On 07/12/2022 at 13:58, Salvo Montalbano said:

The worst of it is that it was apparently moved to avoid a clash with the World Cup QF. So it's been moved to clash with... the Argentina v Netherlands World Cup QF. 

The shambles that is Scottish football administration in a nutshell

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Surely more of those would be on a Friday night though?

Think he maybe means the players Christmas night?Although I wouldn't think ours is as Bobby Linn has a thing on with Alan Soutar at gayfield on Sunday. I would've went to this if it was 3pm tomorrow but won't be bothering tonight. Absolutely baltic, World Cup and the fire in the Newgate always winning this one.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Think he maybe means the players Christmas night?Although I wouldn't think ours is as Bobby Linn has a thing on with Alan Soutar at gayfield on Sunday. I would've went to this if it was 3pm tomorrow but won't be bothering tonight. Absolutely baltic, World Cup and the fire in the Newgate always winning this one.

Our players had theirs last week apparently.

On 08/12/2022 at 14:55, Smokerson said:

Going to hazard a guess at Christmas party / night out related.

Dunfermline must have agreed to it however

It was said at the supporters clubs meeting that it was at Arbroath's request due to the World Cup clash.

Edited by Salvo Montalbano

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Your players had theirs the week before that apparently. Ours went after the game as East End last weekend. Yours had already been away by then.

A night out in Life was it?

Something like this tonight? If so, I’m a fan of the change up. Midfield was completely missing on Saturday. Think we were only playing with 2 midfielders the full game. We’re much better (when going with the back 5) to be playing a 3 in midfield, with our most dangerous striker (Todorov). Never thought I would say that, but Todorov simply has been our biggest goal threat with the way we have been playing. Comrie is also needing dropped. Offers nothing going forward nowadays and is often caught out when defending. 

CD4C4505-F949-4E5B-BAFD-97CDE5663E11.thumb.jpeg.2ce572777856a61675946ff53adf3aea.jpeg

That's all the non Scottish clubs out. Again.

When idiots say that Sevco and Celtic leaving Scottish football would make the Premiership like the Irish or Welsh leagues, just remember that every single Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish and English teams who have played in the Challenge Cup have been pumped out by lower league teams, often by teams below Championship level.

Edited by DA Baracus

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's all the non Scottish clubs out. Again.

When idiots say that Sevco and Celtic leaving Scottish football would make the Premiership like the Irish or Welsh leagues, just remember that every single Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish and English teams who have played in the Challenge Cup have been pumped out by lower league teams, often by teams below Championship level.

Whilst I agree with your point, I dont think the Challenge Cup results prove too much. I'm not sure how seriously the Irish in particular take it, particularly the Southern ones when they were in it. 

Connagh's Quay Nomads did come within about 10 mins of winning it a few years ago. TNS reacted like they'd won the FA Cup when they beat us on penalties a few years ago! Still no idea how we didnt win that. Battered them but couldnt score.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

A welcome distraction from the league season. When's the last time we made a quarter-final? 

This very cup in 2019/20. Funnily enough we lost in a penalty shootout after a 0-0 draw in the highlands. 

Edited by CM.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

That Montrose strip  - pink and purple. Grim.

Mo were decent and deserved better. Queen's were a bit flat but it's another win and another clean sheet.

ALLEZ Les hoops.

The best away top I've seen this season. Absolutely gorgeous IMO.