2022/23 Challenge Cup

grazza

On 16/11/2022 at 07:38, 101 said:

It neither furthers their chances of getting into the first team, nor brings in big gates. These were the two main arguments for and neither have materialised.

Unfortunately when you see some of the relatively poor gates in the Lowland League, the Old Firm £ will be a winner for some teams, but I'm sure that more than a few will generally be disappointed at the level of interest.  

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Whatever the reason, as stated or otherwise, be grateful you have a club who think about their fans. Besides, from what I saw on Saturday your B team might be enough to win the game.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

In any competition we should be playing our strongest team available, I don't know what Dodds is trying to achieve by fielding a youth team.

Based on what I saw on Saturday, the first half of your sentence answers the second. 

Edited by The Master

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Our game being moved to Friday evening has killed any interest I had in it. Would have went if it was a regular Saturday kick off.

The worst of it is that it was apparently moved to avoid a clash with the World Cup QF. So it's been moved to clash with... the Argentina v Netherlands World Cup QF. 

12 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The worst of it is that it was apparently moved to avoid a clash with the World Cup QF. So it's been moved to clash with... the Argentina v Netherlands World Cup QF. 

Aye, not really getting their reasoning behind it.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

In any competition we should be playing our strongest team available, I don't know what Dodds is trying to achieve by fielding a youth team.

If one or two more 1st team players get injured in this cup game supporters would be absolutely raging at him on why he took the risk in the first place for a competion that is a lot less priority than the league. Focus on the league we need to get back in the mix for the title and playoffs. Every manager we have has had has used cup competitions to give players off the bench an opportunity to impress. Remember Yogi resting players for a Celtic game so they would be fit and rested for the Scottish Cup Final, protecting our best players. In this case we can't afford to lose anyone else to injury.

Fair play to Dodds tbh. I wouldn't mind if our manager treated this shitty competition with the similar contempt.

21 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

He's trying to ensure he has fit, experienced players for the next league game.

If it was without, or minimal, penalties, they would've withdrawn.

17 hours ago, approximately dave said:

If one or two more 1st team players get injured in this cup game supporters would be absolutely raging at him on why he took the risk in the first place for a competion that is a lot less priority than the league. Focus on the league we need to get back in the mix for the title and playoffs. 

That's not going to happen either because you're dogshite. 

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg