2022/23 Challenge Cup

grazza

1 hour ago, Scorge said:

That's the biggest pile of w**k ever, but largely befitting of this utter mess of a cup now.

It also rewards the 1st and 9th clubs drawn with home ties every single round... locks the 8th and last clubs drawn into away ties every single round... etc. etc.

On 26/09/2022 at 22:45, HibeeJibee said:

It also rewards the 1st and 9th clubs drawn with home ties every single round... locks the 8th and last clubs drawn into away ties every single round... etc. etc.

^^^ Gus 'slaphead' McPherson found 

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We are the big dogs in this tournament. I was hoping we’d drawn Linfield at home. Get some homegrown buns in for some cash for the club and a chance to play a team from Ireland.

Everyone wants to play the "exotic" teams. We played Glenavon at Stark's not long ago. Kelty got the one everyone wanted - if that game isn't played at the same time as ours it would be worth a visit

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

20221004_131311.thumb.jpg.0f37116dc6c7064577911249adf2cddf.jpg

Is there a more depressing sight, than that?

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

We are the big dogs in this tournament. I was hoping we’d drawn Linfield at home. Get some homegrown buns in for some cash for the club and a chance to play a team from Ireland.

You're not fussy about the company you keep. Would you go to watch a reserve team?

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Linfield must be pissed off at another away tie - they've been in this Cup since these teams were allowed in and I don't think they've ever had a home game.

or had to play a Glasgow colt team..........which I am genuinely surprised as you could almost predict the way it would be marketed by the sponsors to those knuckle-dragging followers of religion football

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is there a more depressing sight, than that?

You're not fussy about the company you keep. Would you go to watch a reserve team?

I’d stop short of the B teams. I avoided our games against Aberdeen B team and Ross County B team.

I recall being quite excited when we drew Glenavon, then I didn’t even attend the game. My interest is easily peaked but I am fickle and easily distracted so my interest has usually moved on by the time the fixture arrives.