2022/23 Challenge Cup

grazza

50 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep I managed to get some updates from FC Edinburgh twitter.

Other than the team line ups couldn't find anything on our own feed.

Anyway another pleasing result.

Another good performance.

1st half a bit slow deserved our lead Paul McKay went off injured just before half time Wullie came on .

What a difference in the 2nd half with Wullie on we look a different team so much better he has to play every week. 

On 21/09/2022 at 10:13, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

£18 to watch a Friday night Challenge Cup game at the Indodrill. Stinking.

That's an absolute disgrace.

I was considering going to this one as Alloa is still on my season's to-do list, but I'll keep being mugged for an actual league game, cheers.

Off to Cove v Raith tomorrow. A much more reasonable tenner to get in. Looking forward to it.

Was actually planning to go to Queens v Edinburgh, but failed to notice it had been moved! Amateur hour on my part.

On 21/09/2022 at 10:59, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye, hard enough trying to keep fans interested in this trophy so you'd think a bit of sensible pricing would help. QoS V FC Edinburgh £12 or £6 concessions is no bad but not sure I'd pay much more. 

Even worse that it is the SFA Vice President's club that's doing the fleecing!

1 hour ago, DoingThe42 said:

That's an absolute disgrace.

I was considering going to this one as Alloa is still on my season's to-do list, but I'll keep being mugged for an actual league game, cheers.

Off to Cove v Raith tomorrow. A much more reasonable tenner to get in. Looking forward to it.

Was actually planning to go to Queens v Edinburgh, but failed to notice it had been moved! Amateur hour on my part.

30 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Even worse that it is the SFA Vice President's club that's doing the fleecing!

I'm not sure why this is a surprise. Alloa have always held Challenge Cup prices at League prices as far as I know. I don't really blame them for it. We used to do the same till about 3 or 4 years ago. Financially the attendance is relatively price inelastic. We dropped around 300 people last night from the same fixture last Saturday despite significantly dropping prices and letting kids in free. Yes, it's not on the season ticket, it's a school night, live international football on the telly, etc but fundamentally chances are if we'd left it at league prices we'd have dropped 350 people and been much better off. Barring the odd outlier tie, Challenge Cup matches largely border on losing money depending what you pay for stewarding etc.

54 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not sure why this is a surprise. Alloa have always held Challenge Cup prices at League prices as far as I know. I don't really blame them for it. We used to do the same till about 3 or 4 years ago. Financially the attendance is relatively price inelastic. We dropped around 300 people last night from the same fixture last Saturday despite significantly dropping prices and letting kids in free. Yes, it's not on the season ticket, it's a school night, live international football on the telly, etc but fundamentally chances are if we'd left it at league prices we'd have dropped 350 people and been much better off. Barring the odd outlier tie, Challenge Cup matches largely border on losing money depending what you pay for stewarding etc.

Are the kids with free entry counted in the official attendance? If they are then the number of paying customers must have been pretty low cos there seemed to be hunners o weans there (school night or not). 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, understand your point that the challenge cup is generally a bit of a loss maker but charging £18 as VP of the SFA and in world having a cost of living crisis won't do much to promote and develop Scottish football.

£18 for the stream also!

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I can remember years back that Airdrie experimented with reduced prices but saw no uptake in support so were losing money each time they did it. The fact remains that this is a diddy cup and charging full price for entry is a nonsense.

This intransigent auld fucker had no intention of attending in any case as he's still boycotting due to admission of B teams. However it is very much a game that I would have attended otherwise.

18 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I can remember years back that Airdrie experimented with reduced prices but saw no uptake in support so were losing money each time they did it. The fact remains that this is a diddy cup and charging full price for entry is a nonsense.

This intransigent auld fucker had no intention of attending in any case as he's still boycotting due to admission of B teams. However it is very much a game that I would have attended otherwise.

Seeing that team, I'm glad McCabe is using this game to give a lot of minutes to guys who are needing it.

Genuinely care not 1 jot about this game, if we get out the other side injury free, I'll be happy.

41 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Seeing that team, I'm glad McCabe is using this game to give a lot of minutes to guys who are needing it.

Genuinely care not 1 jot about this game, if we get out the other side injury free, I'll be happy.

Almost has the air of a friendly.

SKY Sports this morning.

FTFull Time

The New Saints FC vs Dundee. Scottish Challenge Cup Third Round.

8:00pm, Friday 23rd September 2022.

Park Hall.

189.pngThe New Saints FC   0

254.pngDundee                                            0

• C Sheridan (48'48th minute)
  • L Cameron (51'51st minute)
  • M Anderson (90+1'91st minute)

•  

When's the draw for the next round? Had a look on Wiki as that's more up to date than the SPFL site usually is in my experience but couldn't find anything. Looks like there's two ties still to be played that have been pencilled in for November?!