2022/23 Challenge Cup

grazza

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Falkirk vs Thistle game switched to the Friday night to avoid a clash with the Scotland vs Oreland game on the Saturday.

Had hoped it would get switched to the Sunday. Off to see Kevin Bridges at the Hydro on the Friday night. 

3 hours ago, German Jag said:

Had hoped it would get switched to the Sunday. Off to see Kevin Bridges at the Hydro on the Friday night. 

Diddiest of Diddy cups anyway mate...

• 2 weeks later...
After today's excellent Queens win in the League against FC Edinburgh, (and being a world-weary Queens supporter) I fully expect FC Edinburgh to beat us on Thursday now.
Good to keep momentum going of course but in general I couldn't give a shit. I'd much rather have taken the 3 points yesterday. Would like to see some of the young lads feature on Thursday but I expect it'll be the same side that started yesterday.

This Friday night I shall be taking the laddie and his pal through to Alloa to support Airdrie in this ridiculous tournament. Due to my stance since the admission of diddy B teams I will be spending the time sitting drinking coffee and reading a book while I wait to take them home.

Get these b sides to f**k so I can get back to supporting my team.

26 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

This Friday night I shall be taking the laddie and his pal through to Alloa to support Airdrie in this ridiculous tournament. Due to my stance since the admission of diddy B teams I will be spending the time sitting drinking coffee and reading a book while I wait to take them home.

Each to their own I suppose but unless my team was playing a "B" team I'll go and support them. This tournament will be scrapped before the Powers that Be back down over "B" teams entering. 

Might as well save your breath folks - the SPFL powers that be are never in a month of Sundays going to listen to the views of the diddy club fans (ie paying customers) in respect of the ridiculous B team fiasco - we know they will only pay heed to the views of a very select few.

Queens v FCE?  Win and we go deep again into the business end of this cup - well, that would be great.  Lose and I wouldn't give a monkeys.  With no league game until 1st Oct, this at least keeps the team ticking over in a competitive match.  What we don't want is to lose any key players (we have key players?) to injury.

39 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

£18 to watch a Friday night Challenge Cup game at the Indodrill. Stinking.

Aye, hard enough trying to keep fans interested in this trophy so you'd think a bit of sensible pricing would help. QoS V FC Edinburgh £12 or £6 concessions is no bad but not sure I'd pay much more. 

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Might as well save your breath folks - the SPFL powers that be are never in a month of Sundays going to listen to the views of the diddy club fans (ie paying customers) in respect of the ridiculous B team fiasco - we know they will only pay heed to the views of a very select few.

Queens v FCE?  Win and we go deep again into the business end of this cup - well, that would be great.  Lose and I wouldn't give a monkeys.  With no league game until 1st Oct, this at least keeps the team ticking over in a competitive match.  What we don't want is to lose any key players (we have key players?) to injury.

the capital franchise's fan transport has seats available for the match:

only-one-20-red-unicycle.thumb.jpg.1a9d9ba8296cfe7cdcce75ee627d6c95.jpg

6 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I genuinely dont care if we win by 5 or get gubbed by 5 on Friday.

hopefully send out the development team and move on.

On 21/09/2022 at 10:59, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye, hard enough trying to keep fans interested in this trophy so you'd think a bit of sensible pricing would help. QoS V FC Edinburgh £12 or £6 concessions is no bad but not sure I'd pay much more. 

Very sensible pricing from Queens.

Annan v Kelty on Friday night  £14 and £10 concessions ! !