First to get back

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Sadly as someone who saw the last 50 years worth of Scottish football and probably a 100? different Scottish stadia from Stranraer to Aberdeen, i wont see the next 50 years.

I really love to know how this all pans out.

I admit i was pleasantly surprised at Arbroath v Inverness Caley getting 4000/5000 in for a playoff game.

Cowdenbeath v Bo'ness 2000/3000, brilliant crowd.

Is there any team out there in Scottish non league world who could attract that number of punters even in a one off outside of playing the top six teams in Scotland.

There was 3100 at our last league game v Morton that meant nothing. 6/7 years ago our average was about 800. It’s a really strange but good feeling. There’s probably about 800 kids now never mind overall 

When the bigger n better backed junior sides start filtering into lowland league im not sure any of the teams that went down will be back. I think Albion Rovers could maybe end up being the next to go down. After that though I don’t think there’s many L2 or league clubs who are above their level. Maybe Stranraer

24 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

When the bigger n better backed junior sides start filtering into lowland league im not sure any of the teams that went down will be back. I think Albion Rovers could maybe end up being the next to go down. After that though I don’t think there’s many L2 or league clubs who are above their level. Maybe Stranraer

Are you saying you think only Albion and maybe Stranraer will drop out the SPFL as the pyramid sorts itself out?

Are you high?

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Are you saying you think only Albion and maybe Stranraer will drop out the SPFL as the pyramid sorts itself out?

Are you high?

Think they’re two clubs who wouldn’t come back either. But the rest of the clubs in League 2 right now are just as good if not better than most clubs below. Even Darvel etc. There’s only so long they can get that backing they’re a village club 

What other clubs do you think like? Auchinleck, Pollok etc get good crowds. Other than that though off top of my head who is a better run or bigger club than clubs like Stirling, Forfar, Elgin etc?

6 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

East Fife will definitely be hoping to never see us again. You will always look good on our mantelpiece though ;) 

Lowland League doesn’t look very enjoyable right now but in a few years I think it could be a lot of fun with some great away days 

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think they’re two clubs who wouldn’t come back either. But the rest of the clubs in League 2 right now are just as good if not better than most clubs below. Even Darvel etc. There’s only so long they can get that backing they’re a village club 

What other clubs do you think like? Auchinleck, Pollok etc get good crowds. Other than that though off top of my head who is a better run or bigger club than clubs like Stirling, Forfar, Elgin etc?

Case ruined right there.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Case ruined right there.

Stirling great set up, ground etc. Don’t know inside out in regards to board level 

Actually just went and looked at the average L2 attendances and I never realised how bad they were though. Maybe there will be more clubs to go. Any reason for this I can’t ever remember them being that bad, apathy?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-league-two/attendances

Edited by 1320Lichtie

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Actually just went and looked at the average L2 attendances and I never realised how bad they were though. Maybe there will be more clubs to go. Any reason for this I can’t ever remember them being that bad, apathy?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-league-two/attendances

I'd guess covid and streaming are still taking a bit of a toll. Obviously not so much an issue for Arbroath since you've been having a 'once in a lifetime' kind of season but even the Championship figures overall look a bit down on what they were pre-covid from what I can see.

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It can not be stressed enough that there will be NO Junior clubs in the LL - they are all senior clubs in the senior "pyrimad".

They should say that then - thankfully the Juniors in the West and East died, they are not missed.

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I'd guess covid and streaming are still taking a bit of a toll. Obviously not so much an issue for Arbroath since you've been having a 'once in a lifetime' kind of season but even the Championship figures overall look a bit down on what they were pre-covid from what I can see.

Yeah but that was with restrictions being capped at 500. Only 2 clubs with an average over 500 and most not even close

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah but that was with restrictions being capped at 500. Only 2 clubs with an average over 500 and most not even close

I don't mean directly because of restrictions. I mean that some folk probably have just stayed at home watching games on the streams that would have been at grounds before covid.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

In the current format, unlikely any of them will return soon. If they improve the pyramid and make more slots available then probably Brechin City.

Yeah. Tough now to get up without lumping money at it and still not guaranteed.

Brechin probably have the best chance, as the top teams in the Lowland League are better than in the Highland League and only likely to get better, as the west teams enter the Lowland League.

I think it is more likely that one of the promoted teams end up back in the Lowland League before one of the relegated teams come back up, unless of course, as you say, it becomes easier to get promoted.