The Season

A big hats off to all the players, fans, committee members and most importantly fans for keeping us entertained over the year. 

When the season started many of us thought that the dreaded virus would decimate football again but the resilience of us Scots made sure it didn’t. 
We had many more games than usual, old cup, new cups and made up on the hoof cups that contributed to match’s being played on every day of the week over the year and only a small number got cancelled. 

The forum as usual has been entertaining and I hope that’s what most of us see it as, and that we all return healthy in July. 

Good luck to all teams in the few remaining games. That’s me away to my holiday home for the summer,  Lamlash here I come. 

7 hours ago, Lurcer said:

A big hats off to all the players, fans, committee members and most importantly fans for keeping us entertained over the year. 

When the season started many of us thought that the dreaded virus would decimate football again but the resilience of us Scots made sure it didn’t. 
We had many more games than usual, old cup, new cups and made up on the hoof cups that contributed to match’s being played on every day of the week over the year and only a small number got cancelled. 

The forum as usual has been entertaining and I hope that’s what most of us see it as, and that we all return healthy in July. 

Good luck to all teams in the few remaining games. That’s me away to my holiday home for the summer,  Lamlash here I come. 

image.png.751938bb262b4f7717c32059feec5114.png

Been a very challenging and very long season games wise.Darvel deserved to take the title and Auchinleck have done superbly getting to two major finals and league runners up-expect them to win at least one if not both of the finals they are in.We gave it a real shot but just ran out of steam and squad depth when things were getting crucial.

well done all.

Apart from the football which had it's ups and downs as ever, it's fantastic to be able to turn up to so many WOS league grounds on an Autumn or Winter evening to take in a game. Facilities have come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years and it has brought new life and new fans to the game. 

49 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Apart from the football which had it's ups and downs as ever, it's fantastic to be able to turn up to so many WOS league grounds on an Autumn or Winter evening to take in a game. Facilities have come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years and it has brought new life and new fans to the game. 

Hopefully facilities will continue to get better now the glass ceiling has been partially lifted at league level and at least a doorway to things like the big Scottish Cup.

It's great to see clubs really making an effort right across the West Region.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Need to give praise to @Kennie for juggling a packed fixture list as well. Making all the necessary deadlines with ground sharing, a 20 team top flight and so many cups is a great job.

Thanks.

I'm not in it for praise, but it is nice that my work is appreciated. Well, by some people anyway. 

27 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

...Although there are many people culpable in creating the complete mess of a 20 team league, including WoSFL officials....

Not the current WoSFL officials. That decision was made while the Lowland League were running the WoSFL and before the Interim Management Group was formed.

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

Thanks.

I'm not in it for praise, but it is nice that my work is appreciated. Well, by some people anyway. 

Now that Covid has gone away (to be replaced by Ukraine) and we're back to normal sized Leagues, will it be a full season fixture list like in the East - or are things still up in the air as regards Scottish Junior Cup/Scottish Non League Cup?

42 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Not the current WoSFL officials. That decision was made while the Lowland League were running the WoSFL and before the Interim Management Group was formed.

Were you related to the late, Bobby Murdoch?

That's one hellva defection.

Respect 

5 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Were you related to the late, Bobby Murdoch?

That's one hellva defection.

Respect 

It's the truth. None of the current WoSFL Management Committee were involved in the administration of the WoSFL when the decision was made to have a 20-team Premier League.

52 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Not how I remember it happening but you are closer to the process so 🤷‍♂️. The whole situation was fudged and no-one seems to want to take responsibility for what has been a complete scandal. Officials rolled over and took threats and greetin' from promoted and relegation haunted clubs alike. The upshot of it has been a slog of a season for working men. Good riddance to it. 

Edited by jimbaxters

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Ok, but what attempts did you fellas make to get it changed?

None. The LL set it all up following a meeting they had with the clubs. The clubs accepted the format.

The LL then set up an Interim Management Group consisting of members of the LL Board, myself and a few others that were instrumental in getting it up and running. This was always overseen by the LL Board. The format was already under way by the time the LL handed over the running to what is now the WoSFL.