Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apparently the club outright denied Gavin Strachan would get involved as of last week. I'm convinced the "surge" in betting (again, no big money on it either) was due to that one guy on TDB saying it with confidence. Eases my nerves a little honestly.

image.png.af8b6d399f17082985c27eb22941838a.png

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Apparently the club outright denied Gavin Strachan would get involved as of last week. I'm convinced the "surge" in betting (again, no big money on it either) was due to that one guy on TDB saying it with confidence. Eases my nerves a little honestly.

image.png.af8b6d399f17082985c27eb22941838a.png

It won't be Gavin Strachan.

If we were close to announcing something that would please the fans it'd have been aligned with the season ticket launch if they had anything about them. Therefore, it's either something shite or they're nowhere near close to appointing someone yet.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

If we were close to announcing something that would please the fans it'd have been aligned with the season ticket launch if they had anything about them. Therefore, it's either something shite or they're nowhere near close to appointing someone yet.

Not to be rude to the club, but I think you're giving them too much credit there. I just imagine Nelms saying to Tommy "Right, that's the season ended, get the season ticket stuff out there ASAP."

McBookie were laying it on thick over the weekend that it was going to be Ross. Now they're lurching towards GS.

They likely don't know anything and almost certainly don't care who it is. They've probably only pivoted now to capitalise on the Dees fans who are panicking and trying to get some money out of a potential bad end game. 

f**k all bookies.

Edited by captainkev

Holy f**k, I looked up Gavin Strachan on Wikipedia. His only gig as an actual manager appears to have been at Ilkeston who appear to have had more deaths than fucking Rangers. 

This would actually be more mental than appointing McGhee. 

Starting to doubt Kevin Thomson is on our 'shortlist' as surely it'd have been announced by Kelty or just came out in general that we've approached to speak to him by now?

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Starting to doubt Kevin Thomson is on our 'shortlist' as surely it'd have been announced by Kelty or just came out in general that we've approached to speak to him by now?

If he moves this season I'd expect him to rock up at Raith Rovers. You never know though...

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's been sounded out for the job and is interested 100%.   The Strachan's son rumors are false also. 

Dave Mackay & Gavin Strachan ruled out of the running according to the Courier.

Charlie Adam, Jack Ross, Darren O'Dea & Kevin Thomson very much in the running. We're going to be 'patient' though and it could be the end of next week before a decision is made.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3302714/exclusive-gavin-strachan-not-considered-dundee-manager-job/