Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You just know this isn't going to happen and it will be one of the following...

A) Bowyer is involved in a match fixing scandal where Dundee end up pumping Morten by 10.

B) Bowyer and Gowser have a full on brawl that gets Bowyer sacked and Gowser in jail.

C) Bowyer is caught outside in a Blackpool top, saying how fondly he loves the tangerines. He gets the nut stuck on him and walks out the next day.

D) Dundee win a cup.

First Half GIF

42 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Yes a lor of behind the scenes issues at Bradford in the last decade so Bowyer's record there is a bit of an outlier. At his other clubs has always seemed competent, steady and dare I say it, a little boring. Maybe Dundee could do with boring competence for a while after the ludcrous circus of McGhee.

You have no idea how much I crave some boring competence at Dens.

As with evey new manager (McGhee being the exception) I'll back the new man. I do have seriously bad vibes but I'll just have to put to these to one side.

What will be interesting is who is in his plans for next season, both current players and potential targets.

Top of the list for me will be at least another centre half, a creative midfielder and a striker.

The more I think on this, the more it seems like an excellent appointment. A few bams moaning on Twitter about how he was previously sacked etc.. Find me a seasoned manager that hasn't been sacked.

I get the general opinion that we are all pretty happy with this.

Let's be honest though, you never ever have good vibes.
Nearly 50 years of following Dundee explains a lot.

Seen too many false dawns and getting hopes up only to have them dashed.

I will be absolutely delighted if my fears are proven wrong.

For what it's worth I think the appointment is better than Maloney (and McPake for that matter) - at least Bowyer has managerial experience, especially dealing with limited resources.

This guy on the other forum has been absolutely spot on on everything he's posted so no reason to not believe this:

A wee true story I can now share about the Jack Ross and Shaun Maloney offers.

Jack Ross was number one choice and was offered the job to which he declined. Focus then put on Shaun Maloney and everything agreed.

Jack Ross contacts John Nelms to advise he has made huge mistake and wants job.

Shaun Maloney advised we want to wait before making decision.

Press conference date agreed with Ross and verbal deal agreed.

Ross then contacts Nelms  to advise he can’t take job as his wife won’t let him get a flat up here on his own. Deal off.

Shaun Maloney finds out about deal being agreed with Ross and pulls out. 

Focus then moves to Gary Bowyer which was done very quickly since contact only made towards end of last week.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This guy on the other forum has been absolutely spot on on everything he's posted so no reason to not believe this:

Well if that's true then I can at least not worry about JR going across the road.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:
Well if that's true then I can at least not worry about JR going across the road.

Boredom Guy is just fishing.

Obviously, but it's the first thought in most people's heads unfortunately. Good reason for it as well, so if there is truth in the TDB post that'll rule out that possibility.

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Interesting, dodged a bullet if true. Good luck on your future career Jack, hopefully it's somewhere nice that your Mrs will like.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'm sure he could have found a local lass to share the flat.

Think that's the issue. If he wasn't such a shagger his wife might have let him.

Think that's the issue. If he wasn't such a shagger his wife might have let him.

Was he not rumoured to be shagging a young physio when he was coaching at Hearts?

I’ve said all I’m going to say about the new manager but good luck Gary, I really hope this works out for all parties.