Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some people will never be happy

He’s a journeyman manager from England, has achieved absolutely zip barring getting Blackpool promoted through the play offs from League 2, which is probably 1-2 leagues below their place in the natural order of things and he will clearly know nothing whatsoever about the Scottish championship. If it’s him then good luck to him but I fail to see how anyone can look at that CV, with his win record of 36.4% and think ‘he’s the man’.
I’d rather have his Scottish equivalent, say Jim McInally, who has a far superior win ratio.

This has to be horseshit.

Just now, Fifespud said:

He’s a journeyman manager from England, has achieved absolutely zip barring getting Blackpool promoted through the play offs from League 2, which is probably 1-2 leagues below their place in the natural order of things and he will clearly know nothing whatsoever about the Scottish championship. If it’s him then good luck to him but I fail to see how anyone can look at that CV, with his win record of 36.4% and think ‘he’s the man’.
I’d rather have his Scottish equivalent, say Jim McInally, who has a far superior win ratio.

You're at it Spud, surely?

It seems like a very Motherwell-esque appointment and with their track record, that has to be a good thing.

Is it?

Their last 6 managers -

Craig Brown, no comment needed.
Stuart McCall, no comment needed.
Ian Baraclough - arrived after a brilliant spell as Sligo manager.
Stephen Robinson - had been there assistant under Baraclough, and again under McGhee, was well known to the directors and stepped up when Mutley left.
Graham Alexander - played almost 1000 professional games, an exemplary player, with highly creditable CV in management, including a spell at Salford where he was far more successful than Bowyer.

This is a typical Dundee appointment reminiscent of Dave ‘Coco the Clown’ Smith.

Guest Wieghortsnut
11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Sorry I didnt realise the top managers are fucking falling over themselves to manage dundee, open your eyes

Sorry I didnt realise the top managers are fucking falling over themselves to manage dundee, open your eyes

Of course they’re not, this guys 50 and achieved the square root of f**k all. Open your open eyes, read his wiki page, it’s fucking awful.

Guest Wieghortsnut
13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Of course they’re not, this guys 50 and achieved the square root of f**k all. Open your open eyes, read his wiki page, it’s fucking awful.

Let me guess you want Jack Ross 

Let me guess you want Jack Ross 

I’ve never thought there was much chance of him coming to us tbh, I would think he’d imagine his stock is still higher than the Scottish Championship, so no, I’m not in the ‘only Jack Ross’ camp.
Other than not being Yogi this guy has nothing on paper to offer, he’s like a Mark McGhee who knows less about Scottish football.

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Is it?

Their last 6 managers -

Craig Brown, no comment needed.
Stuart McCall, no comment needed.
Ian Baraclough - arrived after a brilliant spell as Sligo manager.
Stephen Robinson - had been there assistant under Baraclough, and again under McGhee, was well known to the directors and stepped up when Mutley left.
Graham Alexander - played almost 1000 professional games, an exemplary player, with highly creditable CV in management, including a spell at Salford where he was far more successful than Bowyer.

This is a typical Dundee appointment reminiscent of Dave ‘Coco the Clown’ Smith.

McCall, Baraclough, Robinson & Alexander have all had varying success down South and done well at Motherwell. Similar to Bowyer. Indeed, Alexander and Bowyer both managed Salford.

Stuart McCall's experience at the time of his Motherwell appointment was 3 seasons with Bradford, in each they were expected to challenge for the League 2 title and he even publicly said the ambition was to get to the Championship in 2 seasons. He left with them 16th in League 2 - a position Bowyer has never been as low as as you'll see when I go on.

Ian Baraclough was sacked by Scunthorpe in his only season in English football with them being in the relegation places when he left. He did do very well at Sligo initially but was punted when they were 5th in the league.

Stephen Robinson's only management experience at the time Motherwell appointed him was a 6 month spell in charge of Oldham in which they won 7 out of 33 games before he was sacked.

Graham Alexander's spell at Salford wasn't that much more successful either. His only full season in the same league as Bowyer managed them in led to them finishing 11th which was a place below Bowyer's team. He did get them promotion from the league below and to a cup final in the diddy lower league cup, but that's not what you're calling 'far more successful'?

Your comparison to Dave Smith, quite frankly, is utter nonsense.

17 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Ludo you’ve gone down my estimation, this guy has been relegated almost as much as MvGhee . I know we can’t get anyone with an amazing track record but jeez this guy just reminds of when coco smith got the gig back in the 80s 

Don't make things up bud especially when you've been touting the likes of Kevin Thomson my man!

His track record as a permanent manager is:

Blackburn 8th in the English Championship - 13/14

Blackburn 9th in the English Championship 14/15

Blackpool 7th in League 2 (and promoted) at first time of asking after back-to-back relegations and being a complete basket case - 16/17

Blackpool 12th in League 1 - 17/18

Bradford 24th in League 1 - 18/19 - He took over in March when they were already in a relegation spot by over 10 points. - The only relegation in his management career.

Bradford 9th in League 2 - Season was curtailed early with 9 games to play and they were 4 points off the team that got promoted.

Salford 10th in League 2 - 20/21 - Again, only took over from the end of March and were unbeaten in 10 of the 12 games he managed and missed out on the play-offs by 2 points.

Salford 10th in League 2 - 21/22

I’d rather have someone who won the 7th then 6th tier of English football than someone who has demonstrated a total lack of ability to get a team to perform better than you’d otherwise expect them too. Google ‘Journeyman’ there’s a picture of Bowyer’s pus, I’d rather have his dad!!

Look maybe I’m being a tad hard but this is a total punt and he’s appointed I’ll suggest he won’t last the season.

The guy Bowyer, hardly sets the heather on fire, he doesn't sound too bad though. But what other options do we have really? We are a batshit club, however managers usually get a good backing and are never punted too quickly (or not soon enough for some), we have possibly the easiest Championship (careful now) in years, so it's not like an unattractive club for a manager to come to build a decent squad and win a league. I just don't see a lot of choices out there just now. Unless it's WGS putting folk off.