Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So currently in terms of media speculation at least, we're sitting with these options:
Peter Leven
Steve Kean
Gavin Rae (lives in Australia due to his wife wanting to raise the kids there)
Kevin Thomson (although media insisting he's not getting the job)
Dave Mackay (already publicly said he doesn't want the job and McPake wants him at Dunfermline)
Fucking end the season now.
200.gif
Dear fuckin' lord that's depressing

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He wants to be manager without the criticism.

As an aside, Peter Leven absolutely stinks of failure. Something about him is just off and he's almost certainly claiming achievements on his CV that he had little to do with.

To be fair if anyone is going to know that smell like the back of their hand, it's you.

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gary Bowyer then...

I'm surprisingly very happy with that if true.

Know absolutely nothing about him as a manager, but looking at his CV it feels a bit surprising he's willing to go to the Scottish Championship?

Surely bodes well for you.

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hibs saying they've had no contact and fully believe Steve Kean isn't going anywhere. Fine by me like!

Would take Bowyer, let's just get it over with.

I reckon the media were told the tip, 'Ex-Blackburn manager' and dived in with both feet.

I don’t see anything in his CV that bowls me over. He’s managed over 350 games but on that basis we’d be better with Mutley.
I’d far rather have the fat grass, who knows the game up here inside out.

Guest Wieghortsnut

I like how people have made the decision that its Jack Ross or nothing. Didnt realise he was some tactical genius 

It different anyway, hopefully the board looking further than the tay brig means for once they genuinely are looking at outside option instead of just saying that and promoting the tea lady

Having nipped onto the Salford forum mixed reviews on GB but leaning towards “would have kept him”  and “wasn’t given a chance” “sporting director recruitment is woeful”

sound like the man for the job.

The resident itk guy on TDB has Bowyer as a goer over Kean or Leven. I will for the record be quite happy if this is the case, plenty of football experience and a new face outwith the usual Scottish football managerial merry-go-round.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I'd be pleased with this. 

It's a relative unknown for me which is exciting and hopefully he looks outwith the Scottish bubble for players. He seems like an experienced coach. Think it's time to let the idea of Jack Ross go now - if it was going to happen it would have by now.