Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

They the same about jack Ross , he wasn’t mentioned in the 5 , then they said he was interviewed for the job , they talk shit , I’m confident thomson has walked out so to take the Dundee job , Hartley did the same , he walked out on Alloa then signed on as dens boss 2 days later , so I’m expecting to See Kevin’s photo in the press with his Dundee scarf on Thursday 

7 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
24 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:
Maloney to Burnley as assistant and Kevin Thomson incoming to Dens or could it be Tommy Wright??

Let it be Tommy Wright. Massive club deserves a massive manager.

No fat grass at Dens.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

They the same about jack Ross , he wasn’t mentioned in the 5 , then they said he was interviewed for the job , they talk shit , I’m confident thomson has walked out so to take the Dundee job , Hartley did the same , he walked out on Alloa then signed on as dens boss 2 days later , so I’m expecting to See Kevin’s photo in the press with his Dundee scarf on Thursday 

I just can't see why he would announce it at this time if it weren't to take up the Dundee job?

Unless I'm being dense, I can't think of any other clubs that are looking for a manager right now?

1 hour ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Think you're spot on here.

1 hour ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Does seem like a crazy move from Thomson unless he's got something else lined up

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

It's odd that Kelty Hearts have let him leave now rather than wait for compensation.

Had the option to leave if a full time team came in for him. We'd not have invited him for an interview earlier in the month if we'd needed to pay for him. 

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Had the option to leave if a full time team came in for him. We'd not have invited him for an interview earlier in the month if we'd needed to pay for him. 

Thomson seems to have resigned before the full-time club came in for him. But Dundee could have made an official approach if Maloney and Ross have knocked back Numpty Nelms. It's also possible that, after letting you and Rovers speak to Thomson, Kelty have a replacement lined up.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Thomson seems to have resigned before the full-time club came in for him. But Dundee could have made an official approach if Maloney and Ross have knocked back Numpty Nelms. It's also possible that, after letting you and Rovers speak to Thomson, Kelty have a replacement lined up.
If you're a club chairman, do you want a manager who isn't giving you stability and is going for every job he can (especially at a time where players want to know who they're dealing with)?. There isn't the same level of pressure at Kelty this season to get promotion. It's almost a free hit them with the Pars, Falkirk, Queens and Airdrie all in the league.

If the Courier are saying Thomson is not in the running for the Dundee job I'd be liable to believe them. If he's passed on the Rovers job to go for Dundee, it may well have backfired for him. There aren't really any unstable jobs left other than Hamilton.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hartlepool been mentioned, they looking for a manager?

Yes they are. Paul Hartley had already turned them down. If they're interested in Thomson then I'm sure he'd be interested in them.

Although he did have 71 games for The Rangers. Bolk.

Maybe he missed 71 games for us out injured. Anyway if he is the man welcome Kevin. After being at Kelty he will be used to working with players of a similar quality to ours.