Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's an indictment on the board that out defense to show face on this is the usual cliches of 'well respected coach' and 'has at least a similar idea of the league as the manager we sacked in February'. 

This is the issue for me. It’s not that it’s Shaun Maloney, it’s just more of the same pish from the boardroom.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You think it'll still be Ross? Alan Pattullo is a good Dee, wouldn't be like him to just go for clikbait out of Dundee fan misery, surely?

2 minutes ago, K.T said:

Pattullo is a Dee though, I think it’s probably correct.

1 minute ago, Zoomer Brown said:

Pattullo's a dee, does he usually pedal shite about them?

"It’s understood...." "If Maloney..."

Nothing concrete in that at all.

Interesting that since this Pattullo article has come out less than an hour ago and loads of fans online know that Ross didn't want to relocate from Newcastle, wanted too much money, didn't want to work with Strachan etc etc despite actively going for an interview. Our spin is in full motion!

Pretty much everyone has been in complete darkness but one article comes out and everyone knows Jack Ross' life story!

10 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

He did have some experience of the division though did he not?

Enlighten me.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's an indictment on the board that our defense to show face on this is the usual cliches of 'well respected coach' and 'has at least a similar idea of the league as the manager we sacked in February'. 

Well, them's the breaks. You and everyone else can overreact all you want, I'm deciding it's not worth panicking about. We are where we are as a club, and the strength of our pull is limited by that. I maintain that Maloney would not be a bad hire, though for sure a disappointing one.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Enlighten me.

Well, them's the breaks. You and everyone else can overreact all you want, I'm deciding it's not worth panicking about. We are where we are as a club, and the strength of our pull is limited by that. I maintain that Maloney would not be a bad hire, though for sure a disappointing one.

Overreact? Mon to f**k.

As it is, Scott Burns has requested the Record's version of the article which implies that we've chose Maloney over Ross.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Interesting that since this Pattullo article has come out less than an hour ago and loads of fans online know that Ross didn't want to relocate from Newcastle, wanted too much money, didn't want to work with Strachan etc etc despite actively going for an interview. Our spin is in full motion!

Pretty much everyone has been in complete darkness but one article comes out and everyone knows Jack Ross' life story!

JR will also do well to get jobs in management again if he doesn’t want to relocate from the north east of England 

It’s like May 2017 all over again. Jack Ross could have joined Dundee then too, but he chose instead to very publicly to tell them where to go.
For a supposed fan of the club he seems to have absolutely no interest in managing them.
How many more times will he have to knock them back before they finally get it?

Its a bold strategy appointing a manager with zero experience of the Scottish Championship. Maybe the Dees' board think he can bring a certain style of play in a pretty shitty league and have a bit of space and time to develop as he goes along. Might work but my first thoughts it appears to be a disaster waiting to happen. 
Thank you.
Genuinely awful appointment if true.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

It’s like May 2017 all over again. Jack Ross could have joined Dundee then too, but he chose instead to very publicly to tell them where to go.
For a supposed fan of the club he seems to have absolutely no interest in managing them.

This is quality bait. Almost had a nibble myself. Fair play. Have a greenie.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Enlighten me.

As I just posted on the club thread, anything other than automatic promotion will have us all lamenting "not having the right manager".

Even if he turns out to be okay, it will still have a negative impact on people's attitude towards the board and club.

That's the main reason it's a bat shit terrible appointment if made.

Edited by Crawford

Maloney wasn't given a fair shot at Hibs, that much is clear. Maybe it would've changed for the better if he was given a full pre season and more of his own signings, but we'll never know. If it is to be him, I'll support him and wish him well.

However this just proves that we don't have a clear plan on how we want to move the club forward.

We went for a tried and tested lower league winner with Hartley, to an unproven rookie pundit in McCann, then the McIntyre debacle quickly followed by the youth coach McPake. An old dinosaur in McGhee later and we've gone for the unproven option again with little managerial experience. From one extreme to the other, and it's not worked. I've nothing against Maloney, all the best to him. I'm sure he's a good coach but I'm just perplexed at this point.

If Ross has indeed opted out due to relocation issues I'm surprised it's came down to this stage that he's decided to do so. It's typical dundee in the Nelms era that this is the final two, one proven manager capable of promotion and the other an inexperienced novice. 

The relocation stuff if nonsense. You don't go for multiple interviews to then say the commute is too far.

I'll repeat, no-one has the first fucking clue as to the reasoning or what's actually going on. The journalists may have a slight idea but Nelms is extremely secretive so they'll be in the dark quite a bit as well. They might be spot on that Maloney is the guy that's going to be unveiled but it's nothing more than educated guesswork IMO.

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This is quality bait. Almost had a nibble myself. Fair play. Have a greenie.

I don't think it's bait at all Ludo, in fact I tend to agree with it. I know for certain Nelms has been trying to get Ross for months, so this is all on Ross imo. Probably demanded too much hence why we had to have other candidates in case Ross knocked us back because he wasn't willing to negotiate. Out of the other candidates, I guess I'm OK with Maloney.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't think it's bait at all Ludo, in fact I tend to agree with it. I know for certain Nelms has been trying to get Ross for months, so this is all on Ross imo. Probably demanded too much hence why we had to have other candidates in case Ross knocked us back because he wasn't willing to negotiate. Out of the other candidates, I guess I'm OK with Maloney.

The first part of his post is just factually incorrect. We went cap in hand back to McCann when he flip flopped and changed his mind not even giving Ross the chance to reject us the first time round.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

The first part of his post is just factually incorrect. We went cap in hand back to McCann when he flip flopped and changed his mind not even giving Ross the chance to reject us the first time round.

Fair enough, the manager merry-go-round at Dens can be easy to forget at times.