Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its a bold strategy appointing a manager with zero experience of the Scottish Championship. Maybe the Dees' board think he can bring a certain style of play in a pretty shitty league and have a bit of space and time to develop as he goes along. Might work but my first thoughts it appears to be a disaster waiting to happen. 

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Maloney was really bad at us. We went about four games without having a shot on target ffs. He might perform better after a summer transfer window, full pre season with the players and Gordon Strachan pulling the strings above him right enough.

Heard from a couple of folk that some of the players didn’t massively take to him or his training methods either.

I reckon he's more suited to a head coach role than a manager's role anyway, so it should hopefully be a better fit.

The Hibs players were gutted at losing their manager, had to learn a completely new system on short notice which was never happening, and lost their key goalscorer for the season. I'd say he deserves a shot at a full pre-season and transfer window before he's properly judged.

Spoiler

That said, if we get Rocky Bushiri in I'm packing it in and going to go watch Downfield full-time.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Its a bold strategy appointing a manager with zero experience of the Scottish Championship. Maybe the Dees' board think he can bring a certain style of play in a pretty shitty league and have a bit of space and time to develop as he goes along. Might work but my first thoughts it appears to be a disaster waiting to happen. 

Thank you.

Especially if he brings Caldwell as his assistant!!😝

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Thank you.

Our manager with literally zero experience managed promotion in two seasons mate, your scenario is hardly a worry.

Oh Dundee, a simple decision to make to give your club a boot up the arse, and instead you've gone for someone wholly unsuited to the second tier of Scottish football.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Our manager with literally zero experience managed promotion in two seasons mate, your scenario is hardly a worry.

McPake knew the league though. I think in terms of promotion it will come down to recruitment unless Maloney prove to be an utter dud which is a possibility with any any inexperienced coach. He certainly doesn't seem to have a strong personality. At least McPake seemed able to command a bit of respect from his players.. 

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He did have some experience of the division though did he not?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Based on absolutely f**k all but click bait.

You think it'll still be Ross? Alan Pattullo is a good Dee, wouldn't be like him to just go for clikbait out of Dundee fan misery, surely?

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, jagfox said:

McPake knew the league though. I think in terms of promotion it will come down to recruitment unless Maloney prove to be an utter dud which is a possibility with any any inexperienced coach. He certainly doesn't seem to have a strong personality. At least McPake seemed able to command a bit of respect from his players.. 

Thank you.

How did McPake know the league? He hadn't played in the Scottish 2nd tier in over a decade and got the manager's job immediately after we were relegated.

Not gonna pretend there aren't a lot of variables with Maloney that could go wrong, but he's respected for his footballing mind and is has had barely any time to carve out a reputation as someone in charge of a club so it's unfair to judge him on that imo, McPake had zero reputation in that role either prior to joining us.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

How did McPake know the league? He hadn't played in the Scottish 2nd tier in over a decade and got the manager's job immediately after we were relegated.

Not gonna pretend there aren't a lot of variables with Maloney that could go wrong, but he's respected for his footballing mind and is has had barely any time to carve out a reputation as someone in charge of a club so it's unfair to judge him on that imo, McPake had zero reputation in that role either prior to joining us.

It's an indictment on the board that our defense to show face on this is the usual cliches of 'well respected coach' and 'has at least a similar idea of the league as the manager we sacked in February'. 

Edited by Ludo*1