Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

You've never explained why we should believe anything you say.

I've never asked anyone to do so? You either do or you don't.  I'm not really fussed either way my friend. 

Just now, RawB93 said:

Indeed. It's still the answer to the question he was asking though. (just about)

Wee fatty McLumpy.

Yep.  He's my partners cousin.   

I'm not sure why it's relevant though.  I'm not related to him.  I'm a lot closer to your next manager and assistant. 

This is my last post bleating negativity towards Thomson because I'm well aware the likelihood now is that I'm gonna have to accept him as our next manager.

It's not even Thomson that bothers me. He might go on to be the next coming of Alex Ferguson, that's not the point. It's the fact that he's not even as experienced as James McPake as of yet. It's the fact that James McPake has more experience of getting teams out of this league than Thomson does. It's the fact that the appointment of Thomson would just highlight that our board have learnt absolutely nothing.

Should we expect a sacking declaring 'we want to respect Thomson's legacy as he was like a son to me' in a season's time? 

That's why I wanted the likes of Hartley or Jack Ross. It's the infuriating nature of our board showing they've learnt nothing with the appointment of Thomson.

We'd be absolutely raging if the board went for Barry Ferguson or Gary Irvine but Kevin Thomson has a bit better sheen or hype to him at the moment for whatever reason yet on paper is exactly along those lines.

Our board have continually thrown money down the drain, time after time and backed managers. Yet our board have been utter shitebags and went for a cheap option time after time when it comes to the next manager and Thomson doesn't represent a change of that for me. I feel that if Kilmarnock could convince Derek McInnes, there's absolutely no reason why we couldn't have convinced Ross and that boils my piss a wee bit.

Ross didn't want our job in January despite his long-term assistant being our DOF, so I assume he just simply wouldn't fancy the Dundee one either. Thomson is definitely a step short of being a good candidate for a decent Championship club though, he's basically had one absolute gimme of a season managing a club with a huge budget. Even Ferguson would most likely have won that league with Kelty.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This is my last post bleating negativity towards Thomson because I'm well aware the likelihood now is that I'm gonna have to accept him as our next manager.

It's not even Thomson that bothers me. He might go on to be the next coming of Alex Ferguson, that's not the point. It's the fact that he's not even as experienced as James McPake as of yet. It's the fact that James McPake has more experience of getting teams out of this league than Thomson does. It's the fact that the appointment of Thomson would just highlight that our board have learnt absolutely nothing.

Should we expect a sacking declaring 'we want to respect Thomson's legacy as he was like a son to me' in a season's time? 

That's why I wanted the likes of Hartley or Jack Ross. It's the infuriating nature of our board showing they've learnt nothing with the appointment of Thomson.

We'd be absolutely raging if the board went for Barry Ferguson or Gary Irvine but Kevin Thomson has a bit better sheen or hype to him at the moment for whatever reason yet on paper is exactly along those lines.

Our board have continually thrown money down the drain, time after time and backed managers. Yet our board have been utter shitebags and went for a cheap option time after time when it comes to the next manager and Thomson doesn't represent a change of that for me. I feel that if Kilmarnock could convince Derek McInnes, there's absolutely no reason why we couldn't have convinced Ross and that boils my piss a wee bit.

While I agree with most of that Ludo McPake only has more experience of getting out this league because Adam dragged our team out.  I genuinely think we got out the league despite McPake - not because of McPake.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

While I agree with most of that Ludo McPake only has more experience of getting out this league because Adam dragged our team out.  I genuinely think we got out the league despite McPake - not because of McPake.

I'd agree with that. McPake was pish, no getting away from that. Just that McPake has more under his belt than Thomson.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd agree with that. McPake was pish, no getting away from that. Just that McPake has more under his belt than Thomson.

Not at the time we appointed him, in fairness.

FWIW I really don't want Thomson. I think if he'd spent his career at, say, Partick, then there'd be no way he'd be getting touted for jobs the way he is now. Just reeks of OF-led media promoting him because he's wan o' thaim. 

I really thought Ross was a tap-in just waiting to be appointed. If it does turn out that appointing Strachan in his new role has been what's put him off and we end up with someone like Thomson, I'll be fucking fuming.

44 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Not at the time we appointed him, in fairness.

FWIW I really don't want Thomson. I think if he'd spent his career at, say, Partick, then there'd be no way he'd be getting touted for jobs the way he is now. Just reeks of OF-led media promoting him because he's wan o' thaim. 

I really thought Ross was a tap-in just waiting to be appointed. If it does turn out that appointing Strachan in his new role has been what's put him off and we end up with someone like Thomson, I'll be fucking fuming.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Just to say my interview went well yesterday. 

Thanks for the support chaps. 

I only fell down on the 'where do you see yourself in 5 years?'

I said 'In the Derry'.