Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Vernon gilmore said:

I’d take him over most of the so called front runners , pretty impressive record

Apart from getting Partick relegated from this very division just a few years ago?

I’ve thought for years Jobby would one day be our manager but I suspect now he can no longer live more than 200m from Paesano on the GWR I think the day has passed.
Time to go for some batshit mentalist from South America or Scandinavia.

Who can we even be linked with at this point if Ross, Maloney and Thomo are all out?

In seriousness? The likely candidates  in order of who’d likely take the job IMO.

Gavin Strachan? - cause his da’s leading the hunt for manager.

Barry Smith? - most likely to take the job due to his love for the club, has he learned enough to not rely on passion alone?

Jim Duffy? - might be convinced to go back on his no more full time management if it’s for Dundee but would he risk his health after his recent scares.

Tommy Wright? - can’t see why’d he’s come to us but still more likely than the others springing to mind as he’s not completely hated by us and respected for what he done with St. Johnstone.

Giorgi Nemsadze? I don’t think his record is great as a manager but he is well loved by us enough to give him a chance. Would he come back? Have we asked? He’s probably still in Georgia since living Tbilisi so expensive to tempt him here.

David Hopkin - done well with Livi before leaving and then his stock dropped after poor spells at Bradford, Morton and Ayr maybe more likely than Tommy Wright. Rarely gets mentioned by us.

Steven Pressley - we seem to hate him even though he’s desperate for a job, no thanks never rated him as a coach and manager.

David Martindale - doubt he’d drop a division and is doing a decent job at Livi.

Weighorst? Ketsbaia? Ivano And Dario? - All unlikely especially the first two, Weighorst I doubt would leave his assistant head coach job at Denmark willingly. Ketsbaia has a good job back at Anorthosis Famagusta and Ivano and Dario have a business. 

Honourable mentions - Jocky Scott? Archie Knox?

4 minutes ago, dburns said:

Who can we even be linked with at this point if Ross, Maloney and Thomo are all out?

In seriousness? The likely candidates  in order of who’d likely take the job IMO.

Gavin Strachan? - cause his da’s leading the hunt for manager.

Barry Smith? - most likely to take the job due to his love for the club, has he learned enough to not rely on passion alone?

Jim Duffy? - might be convinced to go back on his no more full time management if it’s for Dundee but would he risk his health after his recent scares.

Tommy Wright? - can’t see why’d he’s come to us but still more likely than the others springing to mind as he’s not completely hated by us and respected for what he done with St. Johnstone.

Giorgi Nemsadze? I don’t think his record is great as a manager but he is well loved by us enough to give him a chance. Would he come back? Have we asked? He’s probably still in Georgia since living Tbilisi so expensive to tempt him here.

David Hopkin - done well with Livi before leaving and then his stock dropped after poor spells at Bradford, Morton and Ayr maybe more likely than Tommy Wright. Rarely gets mentioned by us.

Steven Pressley - we seem to hate him even though he’s desperate for a job, no thanks never rated him as a coach and manager.

David Martindale - doubt he’d drop a division and is doing a decent job at Livi.

Weighorst? Ketsbaia? Ivano And Dario? - All unlikely especially the first two, Weighorst I doubt would leave his assistant head coach job at Denmark willingly. Ketsbaia has a good job back at Anorthosis Famagusta and Ivano and Dario have a business. 

Honourable mentions - Jocky Scott? Archie Knox?

I'd love any of those suggested to be appointed apart from Martindale.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

Apart from getting Partick relegated from this very division just a few years ago?

We wur demoted ffs...

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Booo-urns.

Bring back Jetpack Jocky.

We’d all love the triumphant return of Jocky Scott, again but is he not claiming his pensions now let him enjoy his retirement in peace the last thing he needs is running our shit show again 😂.