Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

It's about time he pulled himself away from Selfridges men's department and got back in the dug out.

Can we have Hartley, please?

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can we have Hartley, please?

Don't want the polished/debonair manager look that Jack Ross would bring?

I'm sure Dundee would tempt Hartley. Full time, bigger budget, chance to get back into the Premiership. 

I hope we keep him but this is his biggest test with us. Exceeded expectations until now it has to be said and his stock is rightfully high. One more successful season and he'll likely move on I feel.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

35 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Don't want the polished/debonair manager look that Jack Ross would bring?

I'm sure Dundee would tempt Hartley. Full time, bigger budget, chance to get back into the Premiership. 

I hope we keep him but this is his biggest test with us. Exceeded expectations until now it has to be said and his stock is rightfully high. One more successful season and he'll likely move on I feel.

Jack Ross is undoubtedly first choice for pretty much every Dundee fan, but that seems to be a no-go.

Hartley & Stewart Petrie seem the two highest quality managers in the lower leagues and they'd be my personal picks after Jack Ross  although I do appreciate some our fanbase have not yet forgotten that it ended quite badly towards the end with Hartley and can't get over that.

Fact is though, they two would be lightyears ahead of the likes of Maloney, Kevin Thomson and the other dregs/complete rookies we seem to be getting linked with.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jack Ross is undoubtedly first choice for pretty much every Dundee fan, but that seems to be a no-go.

Hartley & Stewart Petrie seem the two highest quality managers in the lower leagues and they'd be my personal picks after Jack Ross  although I do appreciate some our fanbase have not yet forgotten that it ended quite badly towards the end with Hartley and can't get over that.

Fact is though, they two would be lightyears ahead of the likes of Maloney, Kevin Thomson and the other dregs/complete rookies we seem to be getting linked with.

Ross would be a strong managerial signing and have some pulling power to attract players. I'd be confident with him at the helm to get you out the Championship.

Hartley has 5 promotions (4 league titles) in 11 years as a manager which is some achievement. Deserves at least being noticed by bigger clubs than us.

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What Dundee fans want and what they get can be two different things, back in the day, they wanted Jimmy Calderwood, the got Bomber Brown

2 minutes ago, ecto said:

What Dundee fans want and what they get can be two different things, back in the day, they wanted Jimmy Calderwood, the got Bomber Brown

So what you're saying is that we can attract better than what we originally wanted? Thanks for the wee confidence boost.

I'd certainly have Hartley back, yes he made errors and was rightly punted but he looks to have learnt from them and when he was good he was very, very good. Doubt that will happen though. Nobody mentioning Tommy Wright, he's way better than some of the names we've been linked to

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So what you're saying is that we can attract better than what we originally wanted? Thanks for the wee confidence boost.

Absolutely should be appointing better, Ross should have had the job in January, might not have avoided relegation, but the club would be in a better hands, the Dundee job was probably the best job available, this close season, still not filled

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I can't remember Dundee fans ever wanting Jimmy Calderwood.

We got Bomber Brown as people made a fortune out of him being 150/1 at the bookies.

Why would clubs not rig that market?

Practically printing money if they can keep their mouths shut.