Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, The Derry said:

You would honestly think it was Killie that relegated us the way their fans are going on about it.  Weird people imo.

Their fans have been complete oddballs (HaHaHa coming from you!!!) since Steve Clarke took them to 3rd.

Everything about them reeks of a really shitty attempt at being Hearts.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their fans have been complete oddballs (HaHaHa coming from you!!!) since Steve Clarke took them to 3rd.

Everything about them reeks of a really shitty attempt at being Hearts.

You're not that bad of a poster, champ.  Just a bit tedious sometimes.  I like all your graphs n shit personally.  

Killie, imo of course, are one of the most nothing clubs on the planet.

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

How on earth can this Maloney be a serious candidate after the mess at Hibs?

Thank you.

He's not a serious candidate which is why he's going to manage Dundee. 

You're welcome. 

Shaun Maloney was clearly out his depth as a football manager and apparently he’s first choice as Dundee manager. This is Mark McGhee part 2 & is only considered because he’s pals way Strachan. If I was a Dundee fan I would start a petition to get him out my club. This guys clearly been giving a blank canvas when he should have been held party culpable and giving his p45 for last years disaster. 

Edited by paddymcp

What was "last years disaster"? .. McPake - defying all season long logic - got us promoted. Life then returned to normal and he decided the squad we had was good enough to compete and i shit you not every single Dundee fan laugged in disbelief. Getting relegated is nothing on Strachan. He gets a pass for that shambles. McGhee etc was just patter.

The derry is all abkut the patter.

Edited by Mr. Alli

Sick to death of patter and banter. Just want a decent professional manager, not some mate of Strachans, who was a total failure in his previous job.

As was the case with McGhee, get this Maloney in the fucking bin.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

The derry is all abkut the patter.

32 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Sick to death of patter and banter. 

It appears, in this instance, i have misread the room. :(

If it got to such a late stage with Ross and it came down to relocation being the main issue in the breakdown (going by the rumours) can't we just offer the money for his relocation. Surely that's better than going for the second choice who's only managed for 120 days, or a third choice if it even gets to that. Even putting him up in a flat in Edinburgh, it's two and a half hours to the north west of England or wherever his family stays. 

I get some people will want to move on from Ross and get someone in asap but I'd rather the club put up with the extra costs than go for another project with a rookie coach or someone who didn't make the final two. 

If that's the actual reason I doubt it's the cash involved that's the problem. It's the fact he doesn't want to move.

If I was our board I would knock him back too, not that it has come off but we have genuinely tried to build something long term with all our permanent managers recently. No one is going to commute to Dundee long term from the North of England.

Sick to death of patter and banter. Just want a decent professional manager, not some mate of Strachans, who was a total failure in his previous job.
Thank you.
Beautiful reading this.

Keep it up.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Exactly. Just get someone decent in. It ain’t that difficult. 

2 hours ago, paddymcp said:

Shaun Maloney was clearly out his depth as a football manager and apparently he’s first choice as Dundee manager. This is Mark McGhee part 2 & is only considered because he’s pals way Strachan. If I was a Dundee fan I would start a petition to get him out my club. This guys clearly been giving a blank canvas when he should have been held party culpable and giving his p45 for last years disaster. 

Whilst I agree regarding McGhee I’m not sure regarding Maloney how close they are. Strachan claimed publicly that Maloneys injury problems were in his head at Celtic, whilst it was donkeys ago I doubt they are the best of friends like McGhee was. I do still think Strachan though is too stubborn and Narrow minded to have such a broad role at a club this size.

Edited by gannonball

Guest Wieghortsnut
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

It appears, in this instance, i have misread the room. :(

Nah mate, us whitfield boys just have a different sense of humour

24 minutes ago, K.T said:

At least we’ve outed some journalists and bookies who claim to be ITK as frauds. Sadly it’s because the truth is so outrageous no one could predict it.

Thank you.

Wouldn't be surprised if Nelms announced Billy Dodds at this rate..

20 minutes ago, K.T said:

At least we’ve outed some journalists and bookies who claim to be ITK as frauds. Sadly it’s because the truth is so outrageous no one could predict it.

Thank you.

I know, every recent manager appointment has been outrageous. I fully expect someone along the lines of Shelly Kerr, Jim Lauchlan or @Francesc Fabregas, someone completely left field and out the blue that nobody had any idea about.