Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Alan Patullo is a Dee and I truly he believe he has no intention of letting the fans down any more than he himself would be. I'm still not convinced that anyone outside the club knows anything definitive though, so you could well be right.

Yeah thats true about Patullo tbf. Hopefully Nelms and Strachan put us out of our misery soon either way

Other than he’s not Jack Ross, what’s everyone got against Maloney? Yeah he’s inexperienced in his own right and wasn’t given much time at hibs but it’s been acknowledged he should have had longer.
Prior to that he’s been an U20 development coach for Celtic and Assistant Head Coach for Belgium under Martinez. I’d say his coaching pedigree suggests he could be a promising appointment.
Being assistant head coach for Belgium is completely meaningless.

Cathro's assistant manager positions didn't stop him being a shite manager.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Or McGhee and Peter Grant Scotland assistants and shite managers 

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

1 hour ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Or McGhee and Peter Grant Scotland assistants and shite managers 

Two questions that trouble me.

• Why is it, it only appears to be us followers of a football club that can see the obvious. Y'know, as per the clearly concerned comments regarding Shaun Maloney above and indeed throughout this thread? 
  • Why has John Nelms totally entrusted Gordon Strachan's judgement and opinion, taking into account the recent extremely shambolic Mark McGhee experience? 

John, please also seek the advice of trusted others who have the clubs best interests at heart. Try again to secure Jack Ross with a financial offer he can't refuse. I'm sure, as are most of us spooked onlookers out here, you and the club will not regret it in the long-term, imho.

Please break this ongoing sequence of never-ending shite managerial decisions and appointments, success will surely follow and we'll fill your new stadium.

Over to you................and thank you.

Edited by This Charming Man

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

🤣 The twists and turns of this managerial hunt have certainly been entertaining.

I guess if he opts to go there as an assistant then he was never sure of being the main man again. If that's the case then he's done us a favour. 

I still reckon it will be him, though. 

Well I’m happy for all you that aren’t keen on Maloney, if the Kompany story is gonna come true.

If we seriously lose out on our final candidate, where do we go next?

… Ivano, Dario? Dave McKay? Jim Duffy? Jocky Scott’s last hurrah? Thomson? Hartley back?

Just now, dburns said:

Well I’m happy for all you that aren’t keen on Maloney, if the Kompany story is gonna come true.

… Ivano, Dario? Dave McKay? Jim Duffy? Jocky Scott’s last hurrah? Thomson? Hartley back?

Or Jocky if all else fails.

6 minutes ago, dburns said:

Strachan has already played his Mcghee card so probably John Robertson or something...