Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just fucking appoint someone Dundee. If it's not Ross, fucking rip the band-aid off and let us process it rather than building up hysteria, annoyance and further apathy.

Let's build with some exciting signings rather than continuing to turn this into another saga where the majority of the fanbase is just left pissed off.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just fucking appoint someone Dundee. If it's not Ross, fucking rip the band-aid off and let us process it rather than building up hysteria, annoyance and further apathy.

Let's build with some exciting signings rather than continuing to turn this into another saga where the majority of the fanbase is just left pissed off.

At least he won't fill the team with his mates.

He is such an arsehole, he doesn't have any mates.

Maloney is a better appointment than Kevin Thomson but hasn't done anything worthy of being considered for the Dundee job. His only spell in management resulted in a sacking with the chairman then publicly saying he regretted ever sacking the manager before him such was the gravity of the mistake.

The way people are pedaling this 'Ross is the messiah in some Dundee fans eyes' is absolute nonsense. He was the logical choice and after 4 pathetic appointments in a row to see Dundee once again deviate from the logical choice (whether it's the club's fault or not) is always gonna create an uproar.

If we appointed some unknown foreign manager with a decent pedigree then there wouldn't be this moaning, it's the fact that Maloney has already (rightly or wrongly) been viewed as an experiment gone wrong.

Disappointing news if true regarding Jack Ross, whatever the reasons.

According to the Daily Record it now remains to be seen if we can convince SM to accept the position as he has other coaching offers available to him.

All this after they were both highlighted as the final two candidates.

No great surprise to this ongoing shambles.

Just now, AMMjag said:

I quite like Shaun Maloney, but I'm getting strong 'Steven Pressley football philosopher' vibes off him. Needs a 5 year deal to properly implement his ideas IMO.

Someone I want less than Maloney.

JR will also do well to get jobs in management again if he doesn’t want to relocate from the north east of England 

He'll probably happily relocate from there for a club that aren't in the Scottish Championship, a level very obviously below his abilities.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Maloney is a better appointment than Kevin Thomson but hasn't done anything worthy of being considered for the Dundee job. His only spell in management resulted in a sacking with the chairman then publicly saying he regretted ever sacking the manager before him such was the gravity of the mistake.

If anything he sounds overqualified for the Dundee job then. You just appointed Mark McGhee FFS. 

The Dundee gig must be one toxic MF'er of a job. A supposedly, dyed in the wool bluenose such as Ross wants he-haw to do with it. Worrying times for the Dundee support. Maloney will be an interesting experiment to watch from across the street. Mcghee to be back in the hot seat by January.

Edited by clarky-1979

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The relocation stuff if nonsense. You don't go for multiple interviews to then say the commute is too far.

I'll disagree here. Personally I've been to two interviews and a medical before at the last minute deciding the travel wasn't worth it. It was an hour up the road and I now travel more in my current role. 

Good call, Alli. Fuck sake Alli. 

As I laid out in unnecessary detail when we approached Ross, it's difficult to know what job he actually would be offered/would take at this stage.

He lives in a nice part of Northumberland and was obviously happy commuting to Edinburgh. The only commutable English jobs from there would be Carlisle, maybe Middlesbrough, or at an absolute push one of the Yorkshire clubs. But I don't think his stock is anywhere near high enough to be offered one of those.

He missed out on the Aberdeen job, Hearts would never touch him, so that leaves... Livingston, if he doesn't want to relocate?

I thought the Dundee job was a decent fit for him to get back on track. Skoosh the league, decent budget to rebuild the following season.

I think, in his head, he's biding his time to get offered a job at a decent English club. He doesn't realise how irrelevant he's becoming.