Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want Jack Ross. I wanted Jack Ross months ago. He was available then. I’d love to know why the dafties running the club would think he’s the man for the job now but wasn’t months ago when nothing has changed.

1 minute ago, RobbieD said:

I want Jack Ross. I wanted Jack Ross months ago. He was available then. I’d love to know why the dafties running the club would think he’s the man for the job now but wasn’t months ago when nothing has changed.

Wonder if he will sign anyone from Hibs. 

Drey Wright and Scott Allan are both out of contract.

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Agree with both of you. If we had to end up with an inexperienced manager then I'd rather one whose main experience was working with the world ranked no.1 side. Not Kelty fucking Hearts :lol: 

But that's by the by. Sir Jack of Ross-shire, arise!

Less of a culture shock for the Kelty Hearts guy, though.

13 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Scott Allan feels like a no-brainer tbh. Was popular here during his time, decent money and might get a return to regular football where he can stand out.

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We’ll take Lord Scott of Allan. 

Isn’t Drey Wright a stinker!?

8 minutes ago, Girth said:

We’ll take Lord Scott of Allan. 

Isn’t Drey Wright a stinker!?

For a team aiming for Europe? Aye. For a team chasing the Championship title he'd probably be quite good. Already pretty well stocked in the wingers department right now is the only thing.

1 minute ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Got to be today hasn't it

I don't even know what they have to think about, unless Ross has unreal demands.

In the interviews, you can just see Maloney bringing in a presentation with a 5 year plan and analytics, discussing his contacts and scouting networks.

Jack Ross's interview; "I'm Jack Ross, Thank You."

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't even know what they have to think about, unless Ross has unreal demands.

In the interviews, you can just see Maloney bringing in a presentation with a 5 year plan and analytics, discussing his contacts and scouting networks.

Jack Ross's interview; "I'm Jack Ross, Thank You."

Maloney would make a YouTube video rather than go to the presentation in person. 

“Hi guys, it’s me Shaun, and today I’m going to be talking to you about why I should get the Dundee job..”

9 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Maloney would make a YouTube video rather than go to the presentation in person. 

“Hi guys, it’s me Shaun, and today I’m going to be talking to you about why I should get the Dundee job..”

But first, like and subscribe as that really helps me out with the algorithm.

13 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Scott Allan feels like a no-brainer tbh. Was popular here during his time, decent money and might get a return to regular football where he can stand out.

Not a chance he will sign Scott Allan. He never rated him at hibs and his heart issues would be too much of a risk. 

Reported Jack Ross has dropped out so it’s likely Maloney. 

i know this will sound shite but after yesterdays news of it possibly being Jack Ross I was 99% decided I was getting a season ticket for me, my wife and kids. Not just because it was Jack Ross but because it seemed like a competent and positive appointment of an experienced manager. With this news I now don’t think I’ll bother getting any ST’s now. Nothing against Maloney, but it’s another untested manager and based on the last several years of utter dross I don’t think season tickets would be a wise investment now. I know plenty will tell me to f**k off and they’re correct, and I apologise for the apathy I’m feeling.

Maloney was really bad at us. We went about four games without having a shot on target ffs. He might perform better after a summer transfer window, full pre season with the players and Gordon Strachan pulling the strings above him right enough.

Heard from a couple of folk that some of the players didn’t massively take to him or his training methods either.

Seemingly a ton of cash was chucked at him and it still wasn't enough, relocation issues as well, blah, blah. Probably dodged a bullet, money influenced greedy hard necked chunt. IMO.

Onwards and upwards.

Thank you.