Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Other than the fact he seems the quality candidate, I'd gain a lot of respect for Strachan if we do get Ross in. Would show that he's not just looking for a 'Yes' man.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd take Maloney over Thomson tbf. Wouldn't be happy with it but would prefer Maloney to Thomson.

I would've been okay with Maloney in a vacuum. The problem is though that he is apparently directly in competition with Jack Ross, and it's clear who should win that competition to pretty much everybody.

I truly hope that my use of the term 'everybody' includes Strachan and Nelms.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I would've been okay with Maloney in a vacuum. The problem is though that he is apparently directly in competition with Jack Ross, and it's clear who should win that competition to pretty much everybody.

We'll still end up going for Kevin Thomson and @Hoose Rice will be doing laps naked.

2 hours ago, Girth said:

Just to say my interview went well yesterday. 

Thanks for the support chaps. 

I only fell down on the 'where do you see yourself in 5 years?'

I said 'In the Derry'. 

Hope you’re planning on taking me out for tea first. 

Maloney wasn't as bad for us as what's being made out tbh. Had us pretty solid defensively for the most part but lacking ideas up front. Obviously wasn't given much time and only one January window to bring in his own players. Though Ross would obviously be less of a risk.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd take Maloney over Thomson tbf. Wouldn't be happy with it but would prefer Maloney to Thomson.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Agree with both of you. If we had to end up with an inexperienced manager then I'd rather one whose main experience was working with the world ranked no.1 side. Not Kelty fucking Hearts :lol: 

But that's by the by. Sir Jack of Ross-shire, arise!

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Why is Kevin Thomson being touted for these jobs after winning league 2 with a heavy heavy financial benefit? Am I missing something here?

Probably because he's got loads of mates in Scottish football media and the aforementioned easy title win.

12 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Why is Kevin Thomson being touted for these jobs after winning league 2 with a heavy heavy financial benefit? Am I missing something here?

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Probably because he's got loads of mates in Scottish football media and the aforementioned easy title win.

And he is an ex-OF player which automatically makes him a better choice.