Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

You heard it here first Temur Ketsbaia is in the country.

Get. Him. In.

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hope his team manages without him in tomorrow's game!

You're good at allaying my fears, but don't dash this one so quick for us FFS!

It actually worries me seeing the names of some of the people I'd not mind being touted in the press. I don't think we've ever hired anyone the papers have predicted which makes me think we'll get some absolutely left field basket case in 😕

I'm not saying I want him or think he'd necessarily do well, but Ian Murray whom Dunfermline & Raith are both linked to seems a superior option to Kevin Thomson right now considering his experience.

Had a bit of a disaster at St Mirren tbf though.

What's the script with his stint with you lot? @Gareth_Glasgow

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Few rumours in the local that Strachan (Gordon) has decided that he wants to return to management.

FFs. He's going to be interviewing himself, running round the table and swapping seats, isn't he?

morrissey-crying.gif | Morrissey-solo

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

FFs. He's going to be interviewing himself, running round the table and swapping seats, isn't he?

morrissey-crying.gif | Morrissey-solo

I would pay good money to watch it.

"So you still think you have what it takes Gordy boy"  - "ayeeeee" 

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not saying I want him or think he'd necessarily do well, but Ian Murray whom Dunfermline & Raith are both linked to seems a superior option to Kevin Thomson right now considering his experience.

Wrong time, wrong club, wrong place for the guy to be fair.

He might well have turned out decent for us in the end and most St. Mirren fans bear him no ill will whatsoever. He inherited a squad that included a done Stevie Thompson, a done Jim Goodwin, a done Alan Gow and a few talented youngsters in Jason Naismith, Stevie Mallan and Lewis Morgan. He signed a done Andy Webster and a done Jamie Langfield as well even if we thought they were brilliant championship signings at the time. To be fair he also brought in Shankland and Paul McMullen who looked decent at first.

There was no balance in his team though. Everyone was either potentially good in a year or two or beyond finished. The players in the middle ground such as Scott Agnew, Cameron Howieson and Stuart Carswell were his biggest problem.

As I say, it might have turned around but 2 wins in 16 and he knew he wasn't going to pull it back. I respect the fact at only 35 he wilfully handed in his resignation and put his entire managerial career at risk. He's definitely earned the chance of another crack at FT football and despite being about for 10 years, is still a young manager.

Edited by djchapsticks

For the sake of rumours, Shaun Maloney was in St Andrews over the weekend and I was also told by someone they saw Kevin Thomson walking about there too. Could be nothing, or maybe the club did some interviews there over the weekend.

Edited by K.T

On 21/05/2022 at 19:14, Ludo*1 said:

Murray never worked for us, just too early in his career and when things were not working jumped rather than was pushed. Would think he could do a job for you guys

On 22/05/2022 at 12:20, K.T said:

For the sake of rumours, Shaun Maloney was in St Andrews over the weekend and I was also told by someone they saw Kevin Thomson walking about there too. Could be nothing, or maybe the club did some interviews there over the weekend.

I can confirm I was not in St Andrews over the weekend…or was I!?

What's the script with his stint with you lot? [mention=35414]Gareth_Glasgow[/mention]

Murray away to raith.

In a way, it’s hard to judge Kevin Thomson. Most managed would have walked the league with kelty. However, they also did well in the Scottish cup. He does speak well. Guess someone has to take a chance on him but not sure if I’d want my club to be the one, especially if I was favourites for the league next season

It looks like it'll be him. There's still the odd flicker of hope surrounding Jack Ross with someone saying he was interviewed today. But I can't see him willing to just be one of the batch of interviewees tbh. I'll be really underwhelmed if it is Thomson, but we need to back whomever it turns out to be. They've got a golden chance to get off to a good start with how weak the Championship should be next season so even a poor name can get off to a cracking start and shut all the greeting puss' like myself up!