Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

McBookie's list is downright bizarre. Peter Leven and Peter Van Der Veen along with Hartley and Thomson? Nonsense.

My punt is that it'll be:

Ian Murray, Barry Ferguson, Kevin Thomson, John Kennedy & Charlie Adam.

And we'll appoint fixking Ferguso  from that shit tip.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Kevin Thomson speaks like someone speaking how they think intelligent people speak.

Mind you, so does Tam Courts and we are away to win a European trophy. Maybe speaking sense to footballers is over rated 

I really like Thomson. Think he’s like the updated version of Courts. Courts 2.0. Just that bit brighter and spikier. 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/managerial-position-update/

We have 5 candidates we want to interview. Haven't spoken to anyone yet. Interviews next week.

That's not what that link says. It says the first round of interviews will be concluded early  next week meaning they might already have interviewed 4 of the 5.

If one is completely left field or an internal candidate being interviewed to keep the peace maybe Kelty have been approached.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

McBookie's list is downright bizarre. Peter Leven and Peter Van Der Veen along with Hartley and Thomson? Nonsense.

My punt is that it'll be:

Ian Murray, Barry Ferguson, Kevin Thomson, John Kennedy & Charlie Adam.

And we'll appoint fixking Ferguso  from that shit tip.

John Kennedy is a interesting one, will he leave his post at Celtic under postecoglu?

i know for a fact that KT is on our shortlist and he never turned us down because we never offered him a contract yet (fact) as our board are still interviewing into the weekend/early next week they know there top 3 and KT is one, can’t name other 2 

he might have already agreed terms with Dundee we don’t know, Adam is interesting he knows the club, players, staff etc also Darren O’Dea who has been touted for good things in management it will be interesting too see who Dundee get….. yogi Hughes?😂👀

The Sun is running with the 5 being:

Peter Leven, Peter van der veen, Kevin Thomson, Shaun Maloney & Steven Pressley.

That's obviously rubbish but I'd go for the unknown van der veen out of that lot.

I know that Leven views Strachan as his 'mentor' so reckon he could be a valid shout at being on the shortlist along with Thomson. Don't believe the other 3 though.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Peter Leven, Peter van der veen, Kevin Thomson, Shaun Maloney & Steven Pressley.

That's obviously rubbish but I'd go for the unknown van der veen out of that lot.

I know that Leven views Strachan as his 'mentor' so reckon he could be a valid shout at being on the shortlist along with Thomson. Don't believe the other 3 though.

If they 5 are indeed true , it has to be THOMSON for me out of that lot , but knowing our previous record with managers , we’ll end up with Elvis 😢 

Wouldn’t actually mind leven at all and if it’s true it’s actually reassuring that we are looking at someone beyond the over gate carpark 

It better be, because that list is a pile of shite. IMO.

Also for the record, the Sun is not claiming the names it provided are the official candidates. They mention the names as being those 'touted' to be favourites, and the info they have to claim that is from - take a guess - McBookie.

Tl;dr - utter shite. Like I said with the Scotsman article, I'll wait until a real article from a real journalist has any real claims before investing any interest in the names.