Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Wieghortsnut
Just now, Against The Machine said:

Tab Ramos is not a name I expected to see on the McBookie list. Make it happen. 

He was rumoured last time 

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

He was offered the job last time out but turned it down.

I'd have been all aboard him as the interim manager ahead of Mark McGhee tbh.

He'll never, ever get another sniff at the job permanently unless he makes a Dick Campbell esque comeback in the lower leagues and even then it's unlikely. He's on the list because he's a Dundee hero.

He's the mid-generation Jocky Scott. Jocky represents the past, Duffy the now and Barry Smith will in the future be the three names always slapped on bookie lists for the Dundee job just because of who they are rather than their relevance in management.

I am up for Jocky 4 though.

14 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Gavin Strachan 3/1 favourite.  I will literally throw myself from the top of Dens if that happens.

He's favourite on the basis of the first two bets were on him and both were under £25. Whether he gets the job or not, I wouldn't take too much stock from those odds.

I've always thought the Dundee job is a poisoned chalice being the junior team within the city (bit like Everton) altho a bit worse in Dundee's case as they were top dogs within living memory.

Is it any wonder in a season where both Hearts & Dundee Utd. finished Top6 & their rivals in Bottom6 both Hibs & Dundee sacked two managers?

Mind you I remember making the same point about ManCity a decade or so ago.

I got a text that's stricken fear into my heart. Our first choice is Jack Ross, but he's stalling as he'd prefer a chance at a Prem club and there's a potential vacancy he's been sounded out about (that is quite close to home) and our back-up could be the dream team of Charlie Adam & Mo fucking Ross.

It sounds too much like a wind-up to be true but it's still the stuff of nightmares.

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I got a text that's stricken fear into my heart. Our first choice is Jack Ross, but he's stalling as he'd prefer a chance at a Prem club and there's a potential vacancy he's been sounded out about (that is quite close to home) and our back-up could be the dream team of Charlie Adam & Mo fucking Ross.

It sounds too much like a wind-up to be true but it's still the stuff of nightmares.

Definitely shite.

33 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Also, the only job available right now in the Prem is the Hibs job.

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg.ebc18f92f763fd858f0871f919b6ea13.jpg